retrofitting a honda steering dampener ?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/18/2014 7:19 AM

I'm trying to get some info on how people have retrofitted a honda steering dampener on other bikes preferably a rmz 450 ...I want to find a way to install one on a 2006 rm 250 (2 smoker) project bike I'm building and was going to make a threaded collar made up to weld to the frame but the cdi box is mounted there ...I believe if im correct that rmz 450s cdi is in the same spot and I know ride engineering makes a bracket but I can't find a picture of one mounted on the bike ...just looking for anything on how people have possibly mounted them thanks

|

4/18/2014 9:25 AM

MXBonz makes a retro kit for earlier Hondas. Perhaps you could copy their kit. Need to relocate the cdi.

|

4/18/2014 10:43 AM

Thanks man that's what I was thinking would have to find a safe place for the cdi ...I'm still hoping someone can post a pic of ride engineerings rmz 450 adaptor it has a funky shape almost looks like it mounts in front of the cdi box but then again I can't find a pic if the rmz 450 head tube to really tell How it would mount

|

4/18/2014 10:44 AM

Ride engineering also has a really cool adaptor they made for the ktm's but having someone make something similar would be a lot of cash I think

|

4/18/2014 1:10 PM

Yeah I was going to say Ride Engineering would be a great place to start. Great products and people over there!

|

12/9/2014 4:11 PM

Any progress adapting the Honda damper on the RM?

|

12/9/2014 6:46 PM

The Honda HSPD is pretty much worthless until you have it revalved. Then it works as Honda intended it to. Until then you'll notice virtually no difference with it on or off.

|

12/9/2014 9:16 PM

j368 wrote:

The Honda HSPD is pretty much worthless until you have it revalved. Then it works as Honda intended it to. Until then you'll ...more

Well, it depends on what you think Honda intended. It wasn't added for high-speed stability assistance, as it was actually intended to help in cornering.

|

12/10/2014 3:11 AM

I hear you. I had FC revalve mine, and it works great now. Corners better & better straight line stability. Best $100 I've spent on the bike.

|