crf450r cam chain tensioner?

RYMETIME
Edited Date/Time 6/26/2013 8:51pm
Engine is make a horrible rattling noise thats more noticeable in low rpms. Buddy told me that the cam chain tensioner most likely failed and its a common issue.

Does this sound right? And if I took the tensioner off is there a way to tell that its not working properly?

Thanks.
|
6/23/2013 5:08pm
RYMETIME wrote:
Engine is make a horrible rattling noise thats more noticeable in low rpms. Buddy told me that the cam chain tensioner most likely failed and its...
Engine is make a horrible rattling noise thats more noticeable in low rpms. Buddy told me that the cam chain tensioner most likely failed and its a common issue.

Does this sound right? And if I took the tensioner off is there a way to tell that its not working properly?

Thanks.
If you remove the tensioner you should be able to see right away if it has failed.
Paw Paw 271
6/24/2013 4:07pm
Your cam chain could also be worn to the point where the tensioner does not work any more.
RYMETIME
6/26/2013 5:25pm
Seems like the tensioner is working properly, I was thinking the cam chain could be stretched past the point of being useable too.

Thanks for the responses.
motofab36
6/26/2013 8:51pm
hold the tens. in one hand and bump the plunger against the heal of your other hand or against your benchtop, it should stay out and feel solid, if it goes in at all its junk.

Post a reply to: crf450r cam chain tensioner?

The Latest