cold weather gloves...

drenmaster
Fantasy
1244th
Edited Date/Time 12/4/2015 2:45am
Sorry this is not really bike related but I need some to ride my bike in the cold...

so what do you guys recommend? I would prefer something thin as possible, but still be wind/water proof. I'll be riding in 20-40f degree weather... I rode the other week and I had to keep stopping and warm my hands on the muffler to keep riding.. i tired the latex gloves under my glove and it helped a little but i was still pretty cold.
|
pCp 252
Fantasy
2541st
11/30/2015 9:33pm Edited Date/Time 11/30/2015 9:34pm
I use Troy Lee's Ace cold weather gloves. It's a thin material that does a good job at deflecting wind. I rode in the same conditions, 30-40 degrees, and it was much better than a regular glove. The longer cuffs that Velcro'd over my wrist was nice too. They also make a few other cold weather riding gloves like the SE which I'd like to try as well.
Skerby
12/2/2015 8:13pm
I have spent enough time riding in cold ass weather to where i think i can add valuable tips.

I have tried a couple cold weather gloves and none of them have allowed me to grip the bar properly. What does work for me is rubber gloves(the kind you oil your filter with) under your riding gloves, i think it kind of works as a wind breaker. Next move is to throw a hand warmer(hot hands is the best) in the top of each glove.

What really works the best for me is spinning a few laps, just enough to where i pump up a little bit and my fingertips start feeling numb. At this point you jusr need to pull off and work that forearm blood into your hands, warm those suckers up and youre good for a 30+2, at least as far as your hands are concerned.
swedishfishmx
Fantasy
3811th
12/2/2015 10:53pm
I can't seem to get comfortable enough with cold weather gloves. I have used latex gloves under my regular gloves with a 75/25 success rate. IMO I prefer just my normal Fox 360 glove. It fits perfect and even though my fingers get cold, I'm at least able to grip correctly.
JackLHyde
12/4/2015 2:45am
First off try handguards to block the cold wind. And then maybe some diving gloves. They have grippy palms and fingers, some are even heated I think.

Post a reply to: cold weather gloves...

The Latest