Yz250f 2014-15-16 which exhaust should i buy?

JioFunny
Edited Date/Time 2/21/2016 5:48am
Ok guys look...i want to buy a full exhaust system for my yz250f 2016. To be more specific i want either the fmf or the yoshimura. I am not interested for any other pipe. I tested both exhaust systems (on different yamahas though...i think with the stock map in) but i am still not sure which one is good for me. I have also read as many reviews there are out there for both fmf and yoshi. What I saw ... Is that fmf started a little bit smoother in the bottom...and picked up quiiite aggresively when it reached mid and had a bit better highs than the yoshi. The yoshimura... was everywhere a bit more alive. Bottom power was better. Would you make a mistake...no problem..it wouldn't take a second to pick it up again. And it wasn't as aggresive in midrange as fmf was. Top was not as good as fmf. What i knows for sure is that the yz i rode with the fmf on it had stock map...all 0. The bike with the yoshimura too...but the rider wasn't sure because he had borrowed the bike from someone else. I am sorry for any mistakes. So what do you guys suggest? Do you know something i don't that it would change my mind? Help would be greatly appreciated. (i am a fast rider) *edit (I will also go for stainless muffler probably and titanium header. Not sure yet.)
|
Zycki11
11/30/2015 11:12am
I have the FMF Ti system. I like it alot with the J marmont mapping. It smoothes the bottom and has alot of mid-top power. In my opinion, it was a perfect exhaust for the bike. The yamaha has plenty of bottom, but was a bit abrupt for my liking. Buddy has a Yosh and likes it as well. I would choose the exhaust you can get the best deal on and you will be happy either way.
lumpy790
11/30/2015 11:55am
Dr D is hard to beat with his association with Yamaha.
JioFunny
11/30/2015 12:07pm
I see...thanks for the reply. My biggest problem is that i don't know how much i could adjust the way the bike reacts with the maps in each exhaust. I like when the bike got a lot of bottom power but...i am not sure if i want to trade it with high power. Choosing the exhaust that i can get the best deal on sounds good. Akrapovic is the one i can get the best deal on. But i don't know if it's as good as yoshi and fmf. I can't find any reviews unfortunately. And i don't know if it can pull the next gear on the bike...like fmf and yoshi do. (ps. Your bike looks good. Nice graphics.)
JioFunny
11/30/2015 12:22pm
Dr D too loud for Europe...and doesn't deliver the power the way i want. I've heard it's fun to ride with though.

The Shop

mb
11/30/2015 5:07pm
You have ridden with the pipes. You know first hand what the difference is. Nobody can tell you what you want.

If you're a faster rider on a 250f I would go with the pipe that has a better mid and up because that is where you are constantly riding.
murph783
12/1/2015 2:44pm
I've got a yosh full aluminum and stainless system on my 2014 and I love it. 14-51 gearing I believe, some airbox mods and cycra powerflow shrouds, and a custom map. Absolutely love it, no complaints performance or reliability wise.
mxb2
12/1/2015 3:45pm
Get the gytr tuner, cheaper and better mod, with race fuel.
JioFunny
12/2/2015 1:05am Edited Date/Time 12/2/2015 1:16am
I got the Gytr tuner!... I got a custom map already on my bike ofc. I seek a tad bit more power. Normally yes i would seek for more power in mid and top...but here in Europe...not all tracks are just wide open. Still haven't decided.. Thanks for the replies!!! *edit* Yes race fuel is definitely a good idea...but it's almost impossible to find and super expensive. I have tried it once though and it really made a difference!
IceMan446
12/6/2015 4:06pm Edited Date/Time 12/6/2015 4:06pm
Zycki11 wrote:
I have the FMF Ti system. I like it alot with the J marmont mapping. It smoothes the bottom and has alot of mid-top power. In...
I have the FMF Ti system. I like it alot with the J marmont mapping. It smoothes the bottom and has alot of mid-top power. In my opinion, it was a perfect exhaust for the bike. The yamaha has plenty of bottom, but was a bit abrupt for my liking. Buddy has a Yosh and likes it as well. I would choose the exhaust you can get the best deal on and you will be happy either way.
What is the Marmont map?

I know Travis Preston had a map he recommended but I can't seem to find it online any where.

I have the FMF muffler with a stock header.

And what gearing are you running if you don't mind me asking?
Zycki11
12/7/2015 4:11am
Stock gearing, and look on yamahas site for the j marmont map settings. It basically allows the bike to rev out further. Another thing I was told was to advance the top end timing by one. I will be buying a cycra power flow setup and sending my ignition into vortex. Basically, buy the cheapest exhaust you can get a deal on, and you can Taylor it the way you want the power by having your bike remapped with the ignition through Tokyo mods etc.
JioFunny
2/10/2016 12:19pm
*UPDATE* Ok guys i have deeply understood and learned how to use gytr power tuner...i am making my own maps and can choose where i want more power and how i want it delivered. Apart from that I bought Yoshimura Rs4 full system aluminium(It stays strong for long while it's the same weight with stock exhaust)...not titanium. It came with extra screws...exhaust springs..low volume/Spark arrested insert and a red yoshimura wash plug! I am super happy with this exhaust. It can indeed pull the next gear like they say in some sites. It has a lot of... torque. Even if you are one gear up than you should be...and soil is quite heavy at the same time...it will still not let you down! Better low power than stock one...super mid's and better high power than stock and it just made my bike much more powerfull than any other exhaust i've tried. Just felt like letting people know and actually complete this thread. Oh...and it looks sooo sexy! Peace
mxb2
2/10/2016 12:32pm
JioFunny wrote:
*UPDATE* Ok guys i have deeply understood and learned how to use gytr power tuner...i am making my own maps and can choose where i want...
*UPDATE* Ok guys i have deeply understood and learned how to use gytr power tuner...i am making my own maps and can choose where i want more power and how i want it delivered. Apart from that I bought Yoshimura Rs4 full system aluminium(It stays strong for long while it's the same weight with stock exhaust)...not titanium. It came with extra screws...exhaust springs..low volume/Spark arrested insert and a red yoshimura wash plug! I am super happy with this exhaust. It can indeed pull the next gear like they say in some sites. It has a lot of... torque. Even if you are one gear up than you should be...and soil is quite heavy at the same time...it will still not let you down! Better low power than stock one...super mid's and better high power than stock and it just made my bike much more powerfull than any other exhaust i've tried. Just felt like letting people know and actually complete this thread. Oh...and it looks sooo sexy! Peace
Post pics man.
JioFunny
2/19/2016 12:37am Edited Date/Time 2/19/2016 12:37am
Haha alright when i find some time i will do that too
YamaLink
2/21/2016 5:48am
Too busy having fun with the bike!

Post a reply to: Yz250f 2014-15-16 which exhaust should i buy?

The Latest