YZ250 horrible warm-up noise

2b
5/25/2015 12:57am Edited Date/Time 5/25/2015 3:25am
Hey everyone!

I went on a trailride yesterday and the water/mud got pretty deep at some parts.
when i was washing the bike today, i started the bike to get all the water off from washing etc, i usually warm it up pretty good before shutting it off.
as i was revving it to clear the cold twostroke bog and it started to clear out, there was a horrible scraping noise!
I immediately thought it might be the top end as Me and a Friend just put a new OEM piston in 6hours ago.
but as it was making the scraping noise i gave the throttle a blip and the bike sorta lurched forward almost like i was letting off the clutch in gear, but it was in neutral.
i shut it off.
Started it back up 1min later and all seemed fine. Dizzy
checked the air filter and no mud had gotten past the filter, was really clean in the inside of the filter, although there was a tiny bit of mud at the bottom of airbox.
Bike is a 2006 yz250,has a flywheel weight, have run it for 80hours after full rebuild gearbox and all no issues,just put a new piston in 6hours ago.
|
karlz
5/25/2015 3:25am
2b wrote:
Hey everyone! I went on a trailride yesterday and the water/mud got pretty deep at some parts. when i was washing the bike today, i started...
Hey everyone!

I went on a trailride yesterday and the water/mud got pretty deep at some parts.
when i was washing the bike today, i started the bike to get all the water off from washing etc, i usually warm it up pretty good before shutting it off.
as i was revving it to clear the cold twostroke bog and it started to clear out, there was a horrible scraping noise!
I immediately thought it might be the top end as Me and a Friend just put a new OEM piston in 6hours ago.
but as it was making the scraping noise i gave the throttle a blip and the bike sorta lurched forward almost like i was letting off the clutch in gear, but it was in neutral.
i shut it off.
Started it back up 1min later and all seemed fine. Dizzy
checked the air filter and no mud had gotten past the filter, was really clean in the inside of the filter, although there was a tiny bit of mud at the bottom of airbox.
Bike is a 2006 yz250,has a flywheel weight, have run it for 80hours after full rebuild gearbox and all no issues,just put a new piston in 6hours ago.
With out taking it apart you will never know. My guess is it could be something has come loose and may be catching a casing, so I would remove clutch cover etc first. If you find nothing wrong then I would take the top end off.

Post a reply to: YZ250 horrible warm-up noise

The Latest