YZ 250 rotator clamps

Edited Date/Time 9/2/2015 7:11pm
Just bought a 2013 YZ 250 and wanted to add some rotator clamps, picked up a couple of ARC units and discovered Yamaha is using some funky little bolts (4mm I think) instead of the 6mm on every other bike I have owned. The stock bolts are too short to work with these clamps and I am having difficulty finding longer one in the correct pitch. Are there any clamps that will fit the stock Yammie clutch lever and master cylinder? TIA
|
mxtech1
9/2/2015 2:18pm
Try your nearest hardware store. Figure out the pitch and thread and see if they have something that will work.

It's not a critical screw, anything will work.
mwilcox349
Fantasy
82nd
9/2/2015 3:56pm
They switched to the 6mm for the 2015 two strokes. The four strokes YZ's have had them for awhile I think.

The master cylinder bolts are 6mm and you shouldn't have had any issues with that side.
9/2/2015 7:11pm
Thanks for the replies, I just discovered that the master cylinder side was indeed sized at 6mm, I had just assumed the bolts were the same as the clutch perch so the ARC unit worked great on that side. The other good news is that the ARC clamp also lines up well with the holes on the clutch perch so I just need to source longer bolts, thanks again.

Post a reply to: YZ 250 rotator clamps

The Latest