What's the difference? Fork oil

ianhendry46
8/7/2016 8:05pm Edited Date/Time 8/7/2016 8:05pm
What's the difference in 10wt fork oil and 5wt? Besides the obvious, that it's thicker. How would you compensate for going from a 10 wt oil to a 5wt?
Any info is much appreciated. Love learning!
|
DuroTools
8/7/2016 8:34pm
Like you said it's thicker so it takes longer to pass through the little valves in the fork which slows the movement down I believe in both directions rebound and compression. Use only what the manual recommends, I wouldn't mess with the weights. You can play with the volume off fluids (adding or subtracting) as long as it's within the range of the manual. My .02 but suspension is not my specialty!
mwssquad827
8/9/2016 8:22pm Edited Date/Time 8/9/2016 8:22pm
DuroTools wrote:
Like you said it's thicker so it takes longer to pass through the little valves in the fork which slows the movement down I believe in...
Like you said it's thicker so it takes longer to pass through the little valves in the fork which slows the movement down I believe in both directions rebound and compression. Use only what the manual recommends, I wouldn't mess with the weights. You can play with the volume off fluids (adding or subtracting) as long as it's within the range of the manual. My .02 but suspension is not my specialty!
This
digger
Fantasy
3803rd
8/10/2016 5:56am
What's the difference in 10wt fork oil and 5wt? Besides the obvious, that it's thicker. How would you compensate for going from a 10 wt oil...
What's the difference in 10wt fork oil and 5wt? Besides the obvious, that it's thicker. How would you compensate for going from a 10 wt oil to a 5wt?
Any info is much appreciated. Love learning!
I think you'll find this pretty interesting. http://www.mediaturbo.com/clients/marzocchi/forkoilviscosity.html

Post a reply to: What's the difference? Fork oil

The Latest