What can i do to make my bike quieter?

Steven942
Edited Date/Time 4/23/2013 6:38am
I need to sound test my bike to race and i cant seem to get it to pass, i repacked it with the FMF kit too. I have a power bomb header and a FMF Titanium 4 exhaust. I don't have a spark arrestor, if i get one will it make my bike a little quieter? Also if i need to buy a new exhaust, what one should i but that is not more than $350.00. thanks
(2005 Crf 250r)
|
motosicko
4/19/2013 6:55am
Trying to quite our bikes down is a good thing these days. Have you checked out the FMF website? They have all you need.
Quiet insert?

From FMF FAQ
My Bike/ATV tests too loud to pass for my riding area. What tricks can I do to make it quieter?

There are a few things you can do to decrease the amount of sound your bike/ATV is putting out. Lets start with the exhaust, full race exhaust systems put out a lot of sound because they're smaller to save weight therefore they don't have a lot of packing material inside to help absorb the sound waves. If sound is a concern make sure you have the appropriate muffler installed on your machine. We offer many different exhausts that will address your needs.

Make sure your silencer/muffler has been re-packed lately and properly. Packing does go bad and will in turn make your machine louder over time.

Remember, not all the sound comes right out of the exhaust. If you've vented the air box or removed the lid, close it back up.

Also make sure all your nuts and bolts are tight so they don't rattle.

Also when a test is being performed, make sure you've got the transmission in neutral, with the clutch pulled in, this will also keep some of the noise down.
Steven942
4/19/2013 6:01pm
motosicko wrote:
Trying to quite our bikes down is a good thing these days. Have you checked out the FMF website? They have all you need. Quiet insert...
Trying to quite our bikes down is a good thing these days. Have you checked out the FMF website? They have all you need.
Quiet insert?

From FMF FAQ
My Bike/ATV tests too loud to pass for my riding area. What tricks can I do to make it quieter?

There are a few things you can do to decrease the amount of sound your bike/ATV is putting out. Lets start with the exhaust, full race exhaust systems put out a lot of sound because they're smaller to save weight therefore they don't have a lot of packing material inside to help absorb the sound waves. If sound is a concern make sure you have the appropriate muffler installed on your machine. We offer many different exhausts that will address your needs.

Make sure your silencer/muffler has been re-packed lately and properly. Packing does go bad and will in turn make your machine louder over time.

Remember, not all the sound comes right out of the exhaust. If you've vented the air box or removed the lid, close it back up.

Also make sure all your nuts and bolts are tight so they don't rattle.

Also when a test is being performed, make sure you've got the transmission in neutral, with the clutch pulled in, this will also keep some of the noise down.
thank you, im going to buy this.
markit
4/23/2013 6:38am
As above get with FMF, last 4t I had was a 250xcf with basicly the same ex and i went to the FMF rig after not passing the test. He installed a Qt insert @ no charge but it just barly passed with it. A little trick is to install a very well oiled filter before going to the tent, then ring it out or have another one ready to change out. Usually if your within a db r two they will let you go.

Post a reply to: What can i do to make my bike quieter?

The Latest