Tusk billet aluminum case saver/tusk products

RJMX834
Edited Date/Time 3/13/2016 7:41am
Anyone ever use one? I normally run the hammerhead case savers but they don't have one available yet for the 16 Kx450F yet. The tusk one looks good but not sure how well the part is made. I've heard mixed things about tusk products.
|
MX690
3/8/2016 8:28pm
I've had one on my RMZ 450 for years now and have never had an issue with it, but I have never thrown a chain or anything to really test it out either, for the price you pay for them I think they are awesome.
Grieby54
3/9/2016 1:57pm
I've run PLENTY of Tusk products, and I've only had issues with two. One had the wrong bolt size, the other was an oil filter cover that didn't seat quite right and bent. Other than that, I've been very pleased with my Tusk products. I ran their case saver on my Kawi and have one now on my Suzuki.
RJMX834
3/9/2016 5:49pm
MX690 wrote:
I've had one on my RMZ 450 for years now and have never had an issue with it, but I have never thrown a chain or...
I've had one on my RMZ 450 for years now and have never had an issue with it, but I have never thrown a chain or anything to really test it out either, for the price you pay for them I think they are awesome.
Thanks for the insight. Yeah I hope you or I will never have to use it. No one but tusk has one made yet for the 16 kaw 450 so I ordered it. Your right, the price Is good.
RJMX834
3/9/2016 5:53pm
Grieby54 wrote:
I've run PLENTY of Tusk products, and I've only had issues with two. One had the wrong bolt size, the other was an oil filter cover...
I've run PLENTY of Tusk products, and I've only had issues with two. One had the wrong bolt size, the other was an oil filter cover that didn't seat quite right and bent. Other than that, I've been very pleased with my Tusk products. I ran their case saver on my Kawi and have one now on my Suzuki.
Thanks Grieby, the only think tusk I've ran before is clutch plated and fibers and that was 5 years ago. I'll go with you and MX said and try it. I ordered one. Hopefully fitment will be good.

The Shop

NHtoWA421
3/11/2016 2:17am
i had the engine plug/oil cap kit, as well as the case saver on my yz450, and never had an issue with any of it. the case saver was never tested, but the engine plugs and oil bolts were 1000X better than the oem plastic things. i dont know what happened but the plastic timing plugs would come loose when i rubbed my boot on the cases, and the oil plug would require leverage all the time... not so with the aluminum tusk stuff.

when tusk first came out in 05 or so, i had an aluminum gas cap on my rm, and that thing leaked, but thats the only issue i have had.
RJMX834
3/13/2016 7:41am
NHtoWA421 wrote:
i had the engine plug/oil cap kit, as well as the case saver on my yz450, and never had an issue with any of it. the...
i had the engine plug/oil cap kit, as well as the case saver on my yz450, and never had an issue with any of it. the case saver was never tested, but the engine plugs and oil bolts were 1000X better than the oem plastic things. i dont know what happened but the plastic timing plugs would come loose when i rubbed my boot on the cases, and the oil plug would require leverage all the time... not so with the aluminum tusk stuff.

when tusk first came out in 05 or so, i had an aluminum gas cap on my rm, and that thing leaked, but thats the only issue i have had.
Thanks for the information. Sounds promising. Sounds like most reviews I'm gettin back are positive. I bought one and its at the house. Plan on putting it on today.

Post a reply to: Tusk billet aluminum case saver/tusk products

The Latest