Titanium Axles?

motocross523
Edited Date/Time 3/19/2012 1:43pm
Has anyone used titanium axles before and is there major improvements?
|
newmann
2/9/2012 9:42pm
By themselves you'll never notice the difference in weight. For a free weight loss that can be ten times more than a set of axles, compare tire weights next time you need a set of tires. If you ride a lot of sand tracks you'll be in luck.
BAMX
3/18/2012 8:19pm
newmann wrote:
By themselves you'll never notice the difference in weight. For a free weight loss that can be ten times more than a set of axles, compare...
By themselves you'll never notice the difference in weight. For a free weight loss that can be ten times more than a set of axles, compare tire weights next time you need a set of tires. If you ride a lot of sand tracks you'll be in luck.
Along those lines..... titanium shock spring. Its way cheaper and more bang for your buck. Some say it even has a better feel than a steel spring. Also, I think I read that a Ti bolt doesn't have the life span of the steel.If you have to have Ti...Mettec is the company that makes the cool stuff.
newmann
3/19/2012 6:50am
BAMX wrote:
Along those lines..... titanium shock spring. Its way cheaper and more bang for your buck. Some say it even has a better feel than a steel...
Along those lines..... titanium shock spring. Its way cheaper and more bang for your buck. Some say it even has a better feel than a steel spring. Also, I think I read that a Ti bolt doesn't have the life span of the steel.If you have to have Ti...Mettec is the company that makes the cool stuff.
I hear that a lot but, they aren't changing out all the bolts every time a 747 lands are they?
BAMX
3/19/2012 1:43pm
It isn't every time but airplanes are inspected constantly. Maybe someone on here is an A and P and can enlighten us.

Post a reply to: Titanium Axles?

The Latest