Suzuki BrakesSpongy??

gharmon
Edited Date/Time 1/5/2014 11:15am
We have 4 bikes in our stable of bikes (three riders). We have two Honda's (07 CRF 250r and 07 Cr125), we also have two Suzuki's (03 RM 125 and 07 Rm250).

Okay, just wondering if it's something with the RM's, but neither have very good brakes. Both the Honda's have a sensitive feel and need very little hand pressure to work well. Both will do a stoppie rather easy. Both the RM's require heavy pressure to even work and no way in hell would they do a stoppie. They just feel very weak compared to the Hondas. I mainly talking about the front brakes.

I have changed the fluid in both front brakes systems on the RM's but not much difference. Is this a case where the Suzuki's may need some help, like stainless steel braided lines?

Thanks for your help.
|
mxb2
1/4/2014 7:02am
i put a galfer braided line and braking battfly, fresh brake fluid, on my rmz, end of problem. they work awesome. be careful at first, it will put you on the ground, once grab a handful .
gharmon
1/4/2014 8:18am
mxb2 wrote:
i put a galfer braided line and braking battfly, fresh brake fluid, on my rmz, end of problem. they work awesome. be careful at first, it...
i put a galfer braided line and braking battfly, fresh brake fluid, on my rmz, end of problem. they work awesome. be careful at first, it will put you on the ground, once grab a handful .
What is a battfly?
mxb2
1/4/2014 10:09am
mxb2 wrote:
i put a galfer braided line and braking battfly, fresh brake fluid, on my rmz, end of problem. they work awesome. be careful at first, it...
gharmon wrote:
What is a battfly?
braking makes a oversize rotor kit, the rotor is called the battfly. check their site.
bryan
1/4/2014 12:58pm
I noticed my 07 CRF250's front brake worked really really good. Other stock bikes I've tried feel pretty spongy in comparison.

The Shop

Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1177th
1/5/2014 11:15am
You can actually use an entire Honda brake setup on the Zuk's. My understanding is that the OEM Honda brake pads are much better than the others, including aftermarket ones.

Since you have 2 of each, you could probably swap various parts and learn a whole lot about what works best.

Post a reply to: Suzuki BrakesSpongy??

The Latest