Rm 125 porting

Edited Date/Time 1/16/2016 12:45pm
Hey, I'm currently working on the motor of my 2002 rm 125, does anyone have an accurate port map of this cylinder?

I'm looking to give the bike a broader power band as I will be using it for enduro! If anyone has any input here it would be appreciated as this is a totally different motor to my later 08 bike so we will have to start from scratch!

I'm wanting to run on premium pump gas so probably won't be able to raise the compression ratio much!
|
BAMX
1/15/2016 5:33pm
Mine had issues with detonating as I am told they all do. I sent my head to Varner and got it reworked. He essentially said that regardless of what you do, you need to run at least 96 octane or it will detonate. I run premium and race gas to get there and haven't eaten the edge off the piston since. You should also run that expensive plug or you run the risk of breaking the electrode off and smoking the motor. I have found them cheap on Ebay and rockauto.com ha good prices on them as well.
1/15/2016 5:42pm
BAMX wrote:
Mine had issues with detonating as I am told they all do. I sent my head to Varner and got it reworked. He essentially said that...
Mine had issues with detonating as I am told they all do. I sent my head to Varner and got it reworked. He essentially said that regardless of what you do, you need to run at least 96 octane or it will detonate. I run premium and race gas to get there and haven't eaten the edge off the piston since. You should also run that expensive plug or you run the risk of breaking the electrode off and smoking the motor. I have found them cheap on Ebay and rockauto.com ha good prices on them as well.
Did you set the squish on your bike before the head work?
RiV
1/16/2016 12:17pm
I have one of a 2003, if that helps let me know. I'm not
real great at posting pics but I can send you a phone
pic if you like.
BAMX
1/16/2016 12:45pm
BAMX wrote:
Mine had issues with detonating as I am told they all do. I sent my head to Varner and got it reworked. He essentially said that...
psr racing wrote:
No...That was why I sent it to Varner. Since Suzuki doesn't offer different thickness base gaskets, I don't know how you would set it less machining the head or cylinder. Give Varner or another reputable engine builder a call, I am sure that they will walk you through your options.

The Shop

mrg172
Fantasy
445th
12/17/2018 11:37am
BAMX wrote:
psr racing wrote:
BAMX wrote:
No...That was why I sent it to Varner. Since Suzuki doesn't offer different thickness base gaskets, I don't know how you would set it less machining...
No...That was why I sent it to Varner. Since Suzuki doesn't offer different thickness base gaskets, I don't know how you would set it less machining the head or cylinder. Give Varner or another reputable engine builder a call, I am sure that they will walk you through your options.
Digging this old thread up, have a stock 03 rm 125 w/ the exception of a full fmf exhaust. Jetting is per the pro circuit recommendations and with a 50/50 mix of 91 pump and vp 110 the thing runs spot on. Was thinking about having the cylinder and head modified to bump up the power across the board. Varner is on the top of my list. How did you’re Varner mods work out and how was the bike compared to stock? Love the stocker but as always a little more would be better, just don’t want to screw up a good running stock bike

Post a reply to: Rm 125 porting

The Latest