Re-map on kx250f for U4.4 gas?

macz400
Edited Date/Time 3/1/2016 10:00pm
I currently have a stock motor on my 14 kx250f with the only performance mods being a PC Ti-6 exhaust and have removed the backfire screen from the airbox. I would like to run u4.4 race gas and remap my ECU to take full advantage of it but curious as to where everyone who has done this is sending it to. Also, could I have the couplers mapped too? For example green could be stock and black could have the race gas mapping on it?
|
mxb2
3/1/2016 5:27am
Send the ecu to tokyo mods, great service,quick turn around, map it for the pipe and fuel. Big difference. Use the stock coupler with the mapped ecu and pipe.
macz400
3/1/2016 7:05am
mxb2 wrote:
Send the ecu to tokyo mods, great service,quick turn around, map it for the pipe and fuel. Big difference. Use the stock coupler with the mapped...
Send the ecu to tokyo mods, great service,quick turn around, map it for the pipe and fuel. Big difference. Use the stock coupler with the mapped ecu and pipe.
Could I have the black coupler setup for the U4.4 gas and could I have the green coupler stay stock mapping for when I go to sell the bike? Because I want to return it to stock before I sell it. Just curious if it's the ECU that has to be mapped, are the 3 couplers just small tweeking on the ECU map or do the couplers hold maps themselves?
mxb2
3/1/2016 7:42am
mxb2 wrote:
Send the ecu to tokyo mods, great service,quick turn around, map it for the pipe and fuel. Big difference. Use the stock coupler with the mapped...
macz400 wrote:
Could I have the black coupler setup for the U4.4 gas and could I have the green coupler stay stock mapping for when I go to...
Could I have the black coupler setup for the U4.4 gas and could I have the green coupler stay stock mapping for when I go to sell the bike? Because I want to return it to stock before I sell it. Just curious if it's the ECU that has to be mapped, are the 3 couplers just small tweeking on the ECU map or do the couplers hold maps themselves?
Contact tokyo mods, .by phone, they can answer those questions.
mxb2
3/1/2016 7:47am
mxb2 wrote:
macz400 wrote:
Could I have the black coupler setup for the U4.4 gas and could I have the green coupler stay stock mapping for when I go to...
The couplers are not fuel related but timing . ecu is for fuel and timing maps

The Shop

potatoflake
3/1/2016 6:16pm
Go with Tokyo I have a 12 kx250f with the same exhaust/fire screen removal, I went with them and im glad
dmm698
3/1/2016 10:00pm
mxb2 wrote:
macz400 wrote:
im pretty sure the plugs are essentially like having a map switch. ECU sends a reference voltage, each plug has a different resistance. Depending on how much voltage the Ecu recieves back is how it determines which map to utilize. You should be able to have 3 completely different maps stored.

Post a reply to: Re-map on kx250f for U4.4 gas?

The Latest