RMZ450 Suspension help

Edited Date/Time 3/5/2013 7:48pm
Hey,
I recently bought a 2011 RMZ450 second hand, the previous owner was about 15kg + lighter than me but ran stock springs.

Im 85kg without gear on and im pretty sure i will have to move up from 0.48 to at least a 0.49 in the front end.

Anyway, i cant afford to get my suspension re valved, new springs and the whole lot at the moment.

But i was wondering if anyone had some tips on setting up the suspension?

Ive set everything back to stock according to the manual but it still feels a bit harsh and a bit unbalanced

Any help would be rad!

PS. if your from nsw Australia and recommend someone to tune my suspension when i have the $$ let me know, cheers
|
3/5/2013 10:50am
You should be fine with the stock springs. I was 90 kg when I had a 2010 RMZ450 and ran the stock springs. Did the original owner have the suspension re-valved?
FGR01
Fantasy
1222nd
3/5/2013 7:48pm
I would start by opening up the forks, cleaning them really well and putting in fresh oil. That way you know where the oil level is set and can inspect the bushing for any wear which may be causing harshness. Ultimately, you may be OK just increasing the oil level a little for your weight.

Post a reply to: RMZ450 Suspension help

The Latest