Ohlins rear shock question.

kelroy_leon
Edited Date/Time 7/17/2015 5:51pm
I currently have the Ohlins OH1294 on my '09 CRF450r. I have a line on forks and a OH1394 rear shock. The shock is off of a '14 CRF450r. I would like to run the newer parts if it is just a simple clevis swap? Does anyone know? I have called customer service but have not had a call returned. Just trying to not miss this deal. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks
|
Paw Paw 271
7/16/2015 3:50pm
You understand that even if it is a simple clevis swap that the shock will require servicing as you will loose oil during that swap. The charged gas pressure will dump a lot of oil out when the clevis is removed.

Paw Paw
karlz
7/16/2015 4:08pm
I currently have the Ohlins OH1294 on my '09 CRF450r. I have a line on forks and a OH1394 rear shock. The shock is off of...
I currently have the Ohlins OH1294 on my '09 CRF450r. I have a line on forks and a OH1394 rear shock. The shock is off of a '14 CRF450r. I would like to run the newer parts if it is just a simple clevis swap? Does anyone know? I have called customer service but have not had a call returned. Just trying to not miss this deal. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks
If I understand your question right, you want to remove the bottom clevis of the rear shock. If that is correct just release gas pressure, then remove clevis, install new clevis and recharge with gas. The only issue you may have is the rebound needle/adjusting rod may be a different length. If this is the case reply and I should be able to advise you.
kelroy_leon
7/16/2015 4:36pm
I anticipate doing a service at the time of the swap, or having it performed by someone. From what I have found so far, the eye to eye is the same as well as the mounting point widths. The stroke is slightly different. Hopefully I will get a call tomorrow. I honestly just want the forks from the kit but if a simple mod makes the shock fit my bike, I'd keep it as a spare.
bradmx421
7/16/2015 5:55pm
Call Ohlins USA and ask to speak with Jerry or Stacy. They are both really helpful guys, we are the West Coast distributor for them, but it is a question I could not answer off the top of my head.

The Shop

kelroy_leon
7/17/2015 9:14am
bradmx421 wrote:
Call Ohlins USA and ask to speak with Jerry or Stacy. They are both really helpful guys, we are the West Coast distributor for them, but...
Call Ohlins USA and ask to speak with Jerry or Stacy. They are both really helpful guys, we are the West Coast distributor for them, but it is a question I could not answer off the top of my head.
Will do!

Thanks

Post a reply to: Ohlins rear shock question.

The Latest