Nuetech tubeless

DCL36
Edited Date/Time 1/19/2012 10:39pm
Looking for some feedback on this kit. How long have you used it ? How long did it take to learn to mount tires with it and how much tougher or easier is it ? How and if it does wear and is there any caveats with this system? Seriously looking into making a purchase . I'd appreciate any feedback, thanks.
|
aggiemoto99
12/10/2009 3:15pm
Installing tires can be about the same difficulty to more difficult depending on how you arrange the holes for the neutech system.

It's NO lighter than a "regular" tube, I weighed them both...

As far as ride quality, seems great, can't say better than a tube though...but pinch flats are basically a thing of the past..and you can really air down to the pressure you want even if the track has rocks.

However, at 100 bucks (about) per end, and considering that I had zero weight loss, I do not feel it's any better of a system for mx.

For offroad, which I don't do, I think it would be great.
Slow ~ Pro
12/11/2009 7:35am
Raced one time with it in the Service Kawasaki KX500AF...
I didn't know the rear was flat, and raced the entire race.
I netted a second (50 y.o. pro) never knew it was flat until after the 45 minute GP

Highly recommend !
RACEGUY
12/12/2009 2:49pm
Aggie, you didn't weigh the "assembly" - that is tire and wheel ready to go.

If you had weighed the bead lock along with the tube, you would be closer to the truth.

The performance advantage of the Nuetech system comes from the near elimination of flats of any kind, and the ability to access MUCH lower tire pressures.

Not only that...unlike mousse inserts, the Tubliss system does not get "beat down" over a few weekends of racing. You basically only buy 'em once.

Very low key, but it appears they are making inroads.

http://www.nuetech.com/
Cygnus
12/12/2009 3:10pm
I am loving the new Dunlop 51's I can't wait to try the tubeliss with these. I bet I can run
5-6 LBS. What a footprint !

The Shop

DCL36
12/12/2009 3:29pm
Thanks for the info im curious how the tires will react to the lower pressures over the course of a couple of motos my concern is the sidewall breaking down from excessive heat build up at such low pressures. Any tire Gurus out there?

Raceguy do you have the actual weight of the Nuetech Versus say a bridgestone or equivelant tube.
aggiemoto99
12/12/2009 8:10pm
I weighed the complete set up ready to ride.
If there was a considerable difference, the scale didn't measure it.

My biggest point is the site claims 2 pounds of weight savings...this couldn't be further from the truth for most people's set ups.

Like I said, for offroad...it's much better IMHO.
For me...I can't say I find any gains. This is my personal opinion, I spent 200 bucks...so the company had me convinced at time of purchase.

I would not repurchase.
Moto Mofo
12/13/2009 7:31am
I've been running the tubliss for a couple months now. Once you get the procedure down, tire changes are easier than with a standard tube-type setup. I wanted to check for a weight difference, but I installed mine on brand new aftermarket wheels with mx51s (previously used stock wheels with 756s).. therefore I had no baseline to compare to. Running super low pressure and not worrying about pinch flats is great.. Also, the ability to run the tire flat (as mentioned above) is nice as well.
newmann
12/13/2009 7:43am Edited Date/Time 12/13/2009 7:46am
The weight difference they claim would be betwen the Tubliss and a heavy duty type inner tube not a standard lightweight tube. Guessing they are considering the tubliss to be better than the HD setup therefore the weight savings comparison. Looking at it, it is an inner tube of sorts itself so you couldn't really expect it to be any lighter than a standard tube. Maybe a couple ounces.
Kinetic1
12/13/2009 7:44am
There is only a weight savings if you had previously been running heavy duty tubes. Otherwise it is a wash.

Post a reply to: Nuetech tubeless

The Latest