Motocross Mechanic Needed

ramjammx
Edited Date/Time 1/22/2016 11:48am
Travel to all Race events & practice
Keep race & practice bike in top running condition
Responsible, Non Drinker/Drugs/Smoking
Valid DL - Must be able to drive a Van with Toyhauler (hitch, unhitch)
Keep garage of toyhauler clean & organized
Help with practice session: lap times, bike set up, rider assistance
Professional attitude & manner required - Riding experience preferred

Rider is 19 yres old, based out of Ohio. Lives in Florida Jan & Feb. Traveling for Pro points this year in MX lites A. Prefer a MATURE individual who can think for himself, is preferable on unemployment. All expenses are paid, includes gym membership, pay TBD.

Please contact 440-669-7511
|
Nutty C
1/26/2011 12:37pm
You have got to be kidding. No Pay. Heading should read looking for a sucker.
mxb2
1/26/2011 12:47pm
Nutty C wrote:
You have got to be kidding. No Pay. Heading should read looking for a sucker.
LOL!
mxb2
1/26/2011 12:48pm
The old saying goes, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR ! LOL
ramjammx
1/26/2011 12:49pm Edited Date/Time 1/26/2011 12:53pm
Maybe I should explain my reasons. People that think they are mechanics that really aren't mechanics that cost me alot of money to fix or repair problems they have caused to my bikes, or how about the first site of blood they run in the other direction, they conveniently forgot they cant pull a trailer larger than 6 ft., etc.. A short perior of time to determine if you can do what you say you can is not unreasonable before a pay rate is determined. That is why my post says pay TBD. a person on unemployment would be preferable this way they can pay their bills while determining if this job is a good fit.

Smart azz comments are not really productive and show Maturity.
Thanks for your input.

The Shop

circus
1/26/2011 12:55pm
Contact MMI, lots of kids looking to get a foot in the door of the MX industry.
mxb2
1/26/2011 1:07pm
Just a little internet humor man! not that serious!
1/26/2011 1:58pm
ramjammx wrote:
Maybe I should explain my reasons. People that think they are mechanics that really aren't mechanics that cost me alot of money to fix or repair...
Maybe I should explain my reasons. People that think they are mechanics that really aren't mechanics that cost me alot of money to fix or repair problems they have caused to my bikes, or how about the first site of blood they run in the other direction, they conveniently forgot they cant pull a trailer larger than 6 ft., etc.. A short perior of time to determine if you can do what you say you can is not unreasonable before a pay rate is determined. That is why my post says pay TBD. a person on unemployment would be preferable this way they can pay their bills while determining if this job is a good fit.

Smart azz comments are not really productive and show Maturity.
Thanks for your input.
What kind of questions do you ask at the interviews? Your right about not everyone who thinks they are mechanic are but some simple questions should take care of that. And a simple driving test (backing up and parking in tight quarters) would handle that. issue.
Nutty C
1/26/2011 5:40pm Edited Date/Time 1/26/2011 5:41pm
mxb2 wrote:
Im serious what next get a job at Mc Donalds and the manager says well I want to work you for a couple of months and if in my opinion you are any good we will sit down and talk about paying you a wage. Give me a F' in break the dude is a chump.
mxb2
1/26/2011 5:42pm
mxb2 wrote:
Nutty C wrote:
Im serious what next get a job at Mc Donalds and the manager says well I want to work you for a couple of months and...
Im serious what next get a job at Mc Donalds and the manager says well I want to work you for a couple of months and if in my opinion you are any good we will sit down and talk about paying you a wage. Give me a F' in break the dude is a chump.
Wonder if he worked for free?
Nutty C
1/26/2011 5:45pm
mxb2 wrote:
Nutty C wrote:
Im serious what next get a job at Mc Donalds and the manager says well I want to work you for a couple of months and...
mxb2 wrote:
Wonder if he worked for free?
With no respect for a mechanic
mxb2
1/26/2011 5:49pm
Word!
mxb2
1/26/2011 6:02pm
lumpy790 wrote:
Not sure why you guys are hammering the newby wanting to hire a MX mechanic. I would suggest putting an ad in Cycle News or http://motorcycleindustryjobs.com
Got to break in the rookies Lumpy LOL!
olddude
1/26/2011 6:45pm
Sounds like a good job for a retired mini dad.
1/27/2011 5:30am
My labor rate is $42.50 per half hour. When your bike breaks, or needs service, let me know.
SteveS
1/27/2011 6:05am
mxb2 wrote:
Nutty C wrote:
Maybe not at McDonalds, but unpaid internships are very common in the big business/financial world.
lumpy790
1/27/2011 8:21am Edited Date/Time 1/27/2011 8:22am
I wrenched/traveled with many Pro riders and did most for free......all were using my products though.

I only had "2 paying" gigs. With Hank Moree I received a weekly pay check for really good $$$ .....helps having a multi millionaire dad.

Steve Herman was a $$ winnings % deal and well ..... he never paid me a cent even though we finished 13th OA in East 125 SX after missing the 1st race before I came on board.

I had to audition (but paid) for Hank Moree for 1 month before the job was to be officially mine. After 2 weeks Hank told his dad to make me full time. BTW..... I found this opportunity in Cycle News and drove to SC from MD on my own initiative.
ramjammx
1/27/2011 4:16pm
For those of you with helpful tips....Thank you, I appreciate the advice.
davis224
Fantasy
138th
1/28/2011 5:09am
Hope you find someone worthwhile
newmann
1/28/2011 9:12am
If it's anything like my business I go through about ten before I find that "one". Good luck!
aedwards07
1/28/2011 10:00am
What is your email.I have someone that may be interested.
1/28/2011 10:54am
lumpy790 wrote:
I wrenched/traveled with many Pro riders and did most for free......all were using my products though. I only had "2 paying" gigs. With Hank Moree I...
I wrenched/traveled with many Pro riders and did most for free......all were using my products though.

I only had "2 paying" gigs. With Hank Moree I received a weekly pay check for really good $$$ .....helps having a multi millionaire dad.

Steve Herman was a $$ winnings % deal and well ..... he never paid me a cent even though we finished 13th OA in East 125 SX after missing the 1st race before I came on board.

I had to audition (but paid) for Hank Moree for 1 month before the job was to be officially mine. After 2 weeks Hank told his dad to make me full time. BTW..... I found this opportunity in Cycle News and drove to SC from MD on my own initiative.
Same here Lumpy, heck I have even bought tires because my rider couldn't afford a new ones.
Honda665
1/31/2011 9:26am
Lumpy790 pointed this out to me on another forum. I'm an avid mx racer and even more an avid bike mechanic. RamjamMx, please contact me via PM or email me at xsvhinton08@hotmail.com

I would be more than willing to help you out. I'm trying to get my name out as a mechanic and I'm about 1 hour south of cleveland.

I'd be more than willing to do what I can
7/10/2011 1:15pm
hello ramjammx i know this post was posted a while back but i was interested in knowing if you were still looking for a qualified mechanic? i have alot of experience with motocross bikes and i can drive anything with a trailer this is no joke i am completely confident in saying i am more than capable of performing this job to your standards. im currently employed now but would love to find a career in motocross as a mechanic please contact me if you are interested 508-558-6159. i know that you had said that the pay is to be determined and i can understand your reasoning but im sure we can sure we could figure something out thank you and hope to hear from you soon.
lumpy790
7/10/2011 8:10pm
If I was interested in the job......I would pick up the phone and call
1/12/2016 6:33am
ramjammx wrote:
Travel to all Race events & practice Keep race & practice bike in top running condition Responsible, Non Drinker/Drugs/Smoking Valid DL - Must be able to...
Travel to all Race events & practice
Keep race & practice bike in top running condition
Responsible, Non Drinker/Drugs/Smoking
Valid DL - Must be able to drive a Van with Toyhauler (hitch, unhitch)
Keep garage of toyhauler clean & organized
Help with practice session: lap times, bike set up, rider assistance
Professional attitude & manner required - Riding experience preferred

Rider is 19 yres old, based out of Ohio. Lives in Florida Jan & Feb. Traveling for Pro points this year in MX lites A. Prefer a MATURE individual who can think for himself, is preferable on unemployment. All expenses are paid, includes gym membership, pay TBD.

Please contact 440-669-7511
hi my name is Carl stockdale I'm 28 I'm a fully experienced motocross mechanic from the uk. looking to work in America as I want to try and maximise my mechanicing skills. I worked for bike it Yamaha at all the world mxgp's in 2014 working with max anstie and worked for drt Kawasaki last year having 9 world gp wins in 2015 you can contact me on ‭+44 7903 533155‬
Andrew337
1/12/2016 10:55am
hi my name is Carl stockdale I'm 28 I'm a fully experienced motocross mechanic from the uk. looking to work in America as I want to...
hi my name is Carl stockdale I'm 28 I'm a fully experienced motocross mechanic from the uk. looking to work in America as I want to try and maximise my mechanicing skills. I worked for bike it Yamaha at all the world mxgp's in 2014 working with max anstie and worked for drt Kawasaki last year having 9 world gp wins in 2015 you can contact me on ‭+44 7903 533155‬
You sound qualified, but I'm gonna say you're about half a decade late on this one.
kaptkaos
1/12/2016 8:29pm
I dont know why you guys are saying he was looking for free work, the ad clearly says salary to be determined. Someone on unemployment was a preference not a requirement. Comeon people, its right there in black and white, why misconstrue someones words and stir stuff up?
olympiamann
1/15/2016 12:24pm
What are you guys all bent out of shape about. Their are tons of Moto Mechanics who have worked for peanuts and slept in tents all for the love of the sport and hoping to get somewhere for their efforts. I myself was hoping to head somewhere warmer than Wyoming for the winter while on a job attached seasonal layoff, Concrete industry... My plan was to find a track owner somewhere like Texas or Florida that needed a little help with dirt work and maintenance, in trade for RV parking and a little track time...Hasn't worked out yet as were still hard at it probably for the rest of winter but dang the warm weather would be worth the adventure. Actually the deal Ramjammx is putting out their sounds like a pretty cool way for someone wanting to get his foot in the door and build some relationships...Might be a disaster but hey who knows....
lumpy790
1/17/2016 7:35pm
Since this was 5 years ago ..... Did they find a mechanic?

Post a reply to: Motocross Mechanic Needed

The Latest