Kx450f smoking

5/11/2016 3:41pm Edited Date/Time 5/12/2016 8:44am
I just bought a 2012 kx450 with 8 hours on a rebuild of the motor done by a certified mechanic. The bike has leaded race gas in it and the guy claimes that it smokes a little bit because of that. It's not a lot it's if you let it idle for a while and then hit the gas on a stand. It doesn't blow it consistently either. My question is does the lead in the race gas not fully burn and then when I hit the gas the unburned lead blows out the pipe?
|
Paw Paw 271
5/11/2016 4:44pm
If it is race fuel of a higher octane than 93 is, it is not completely burning due to it's slow burn of the higher octane fuel.
This question has come up a few times lately. You don't need to run a high octane because it is a slow burning fuel.

Paw Paw
cwtoyota
5/12/2016 8:44am
Blue smoke, white smoke or black smoke?

Fuel smoke is typically black and leaves a sooty residue in the exhaust pipe or on a white piece of paper.

Coolant smoke is most often white; this indicates a bad head-gasket or moisture in the intake.

Blue smoke is oil being burned. Leaky valve seals (possibly due to worn valves or stems) or a worn cylinder/bad rings will allow oil into the combustion chamber causing blue smoke.

Post a reply to: Kx450f smoking

The Latest