KTM 4CS revalve reviews

WVUpetro2013
Edited Date/Time 10/21/2015 12:05pm
Can't stand the new forks on the 250sx. Thinking about sending them off to pro action for a revalve to see if it helps any. Any one have any reviews on if a revalve seemed to help much? And which company did yours?
|
Digger29
4/30/2015 7:09am
I'm having a pr of 15 250SX 4CS forks done by Billy at Powerband Racing Suspension. He says he's done a bunch of 4CS forks and while they are a seriously flawed fork they can also be made to work very well with just a few mods. I'll report back when they come back next wk and I take a spin on the bike.
jhansen510
Fantasy
3600th
4/30/2015 7:29am
Digger29 wrote:
I'm having a pr of 15 250SX 4CS forks done by Billy at Powerband Racing Suspension. He says he's done a bunch of 4CS forks and...
I'm having a pr of 15 250SX 4CS forks done by Billy at Powerband Racing Suspension. He says he's done a bunch of 4CS forks and while they are a seriously flawed fork they can also be made to work very well with just a few mods. I'll report back when they come back next wk and I take a spin on the bike.
Digger, how did you hook up with Billy? He is a good dude from over in my neck of the woods. I have an A kit going to him in the near future here. Did you get rid of your 250's?
Digger29
4/30/2015 11:39am Edited Date/Time 6/9/2015 5:38am
Digger29 wrote:
I'm having a pr of 15 250SX 4CS forks done by Billy at Powerband Racing Suspension. He says he's done a bunch of 4CS forks and...
jhansen510 wrote:
Digger, how did you hook up with Billy? He is a good dude from over in my neck of the woods. I have an A kit...
Digger, how did you hook up with Billy? He is a good dude from over in my neck of the woods. I have an A kit going to him in the near future here. Did you get rid of your 250's?
Yes, I sold my 15 300SX and bought a new FE 450. I love it because it feels just like my 300 on the track but has a kick ass motor with almost no engine braking. It is an awesome bike that is very light and feels it on the track and is super easy to ride and super easy to go fast on. KTM really did their homework with this bike. I sold my Ohlins off of my 15 300SX and was kicking around the idea of going with the WP a-kit stuff and a cpl of members on here said to call Billy at Powerband for a price on the cone valve forks. Not only was he way cheaper than anyone else but when I called to order them he explained the issues with the cone valve (and the 4CS too) and he modified the cone valves and set them up for me. He's a awesome guy and he knows his shit.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
4/30/2015 12:14pm
I'm very interested to hear how your new set up works. I think the 4CS are much better then the old ones, but they can still be improved and personalized for each rider.

The Shop

gameover
6/5/2015 4:18pm
Im having my 15 tc250 4cs suspension redone by zipty racing. Ill report back when i get them.
Paul333
6/5/2015 9:27pm
I got my 2015.5 KTM 450 FE suspension set up by ENZO and could not be more pleased. The 4CS forks are different so I wanted a suspension company who was actually familiar with them. ENZO did an awesome job.
OR Racer46
Fantasy
843rd
6/5/2015 9:29pm
Paul 333. What all did they do and what did it run ?
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
6/6/2015 12:28am
Dropped off my suspension at Factory Connection. I'm out of town for a week but will let you guys know how it goes asap!
6/6/2015 5:49am
im surprised none of ya didn't go kreft, or mx tech, by reading ktmtalk everyone is blown away on how good their set ups are. Alittle pricey but with wp, u definitely get what ya pay for. Also in the new mxa , the 300sx test bike had EBR? and sopposably they have the "plushest" set up ever for 4cs.
Madmax31
Fantasy
83rd
6/6/2015 8:46am
A buddy of mine that is very picky install jbi perches in his forks and said they are amazing. Did it himself in about an hour
slipdog
6/6/2015 9:36am
Madmax31 wrote:
A buddy of mine that is very picky install jbi perches in his forks and said they are amazing. Did it himself in about an hour
There are no "spring perches" in 4cs forks.
Digger29
6/7/2015 6:17am
I had Billy at Powerband Racing Suspension do the fork and shock off of a buddy's 15 250SX. My buddy hated the bike because of the suspension and was just about ready to throw the towel in and get a new bike. He also said he was faster on his 07 Honda CR250. He's ridden it twice and raced it once since the revalve and he says that the bike is awesome now and he's so glad that he had Billy do the stuff and would highly recommend Billy to anyone who's struggling with the seriously flawed 4CS fork. Billy explained the 4CS fork to me and it's issues and his thoughts on what's needed to make them right.
slipdog
6/7/2015 6:41am
Digger29 wrote:
I had Billy at Powerband Racing Suspension do the fork and shock off of a buddy's 15 250SX. My buddy hated the bike because of the...
I had Billy at Powerband Racing Suspension do the fork and shock off of a buddy's 15 250SX. My buddy hated the bike because of the suspension and was just about ready to throw the towel in and get a new bike. He also said he was faster on his 07 Honda CR250. He's ridden it twice and raced it once since the revalve and he says that the bike is awesome now and he's so glad that he had Billy do the stuff and would highly recommend Billy to anyone who's struggling with the seriously flawed 4CS fork. Billy explained the 4CS fork to me and it's issues and his thoughts on what's needed to make them right.
So what did he say the 4cs forks needed to work well?
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
2005th
6/7/2015 11:36am
gameover wrote:
I think this is what most suspensuon guys are doing..http://www.racetech.com/page/title/Fk%20GV%20Install%20WP%204CS%20Open%…
We did a ton of R&D on these forks before landing on the "open chamber" solution. Feedback was 60/40 or so positive/negative prior to the open chamber. R&D continued and once we landed on the open chamber I haven't heard a negative and we re-did the setups we had done prior for those un-happy and they were blown away.

Don't forget the Vital discount and I'm always available if you have any questions. My cell number is on any email we send if you are ever at the track or trail with questions after being setup. chris@racetech.com

OR Racer46
Fantasy
843rd
6/7/2015 12:56pm
Chris will Race Tech be set up
At Mammoth this year ?
mark911
6/8/2015 12:07am
gameover wrote:
I think this is what most suspensuon guys are doing..http://www.racetech.com/page/title/Fk%20GV%20Install%20WP%204CS%20Open%…
We did a ton of R&D on these forks before landing on the "open chamber" solution. Feedback was 60/40 or so positive/negative prior to the open...
We did a ton of R&D on these forks before landing on the "open chamber" solution. Feedback was 60/40 or so positive/negative prior to the open chamber. R&D continued and once we landed on the open chamber I haven't heard a negative and we re-did the setups we had done prior for those un-happy and they were blown away.

Don't forget the Vital discount and I'm always available if you have any questions. My cell number is on any email we send if you are ever at the track or trail with questions after being setup. chris@racetech.com

I guess sometimes you got to go backwards (in time) to move forward. Back to the old issue of having to run the same oil for damping and general lubrication and the associated oil contamination problems. But if it works it works!

You are running a mid valve as opposed to a simple check valve (like the old days), so how do you prevent cavitation without some internal pressure?
Paul333
6/9/2015 12:03am
OR Racer46 wrote:
Paul 333. What all did they do and what did it run ?
I will check and let you know.

I know I needed a revalve & springs.
Odell127
10/19/2015 8:02pm
We had ours done by FC and it made a huge difference. They do something other than valving but I can't begin to tell you what it was. Email zak@factoryconnection.com.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
10/19/2015 8:20pm
I heard Factory Connection was working on some new bottom out resistors for the 4CS so you don't get that metal on metal feeling. Not sure where they are at with it, but maybe worth asking about...
10/19/2015 8:33pm
Can't stand the new forks on the 250sx. Thinking about sending them off to pro action for a revalve to see if it helps any. Any...
Can't stand the new forks on the 250sx. Thinking about sending them off to pro action for a revalve to see if it helps any. Any one have any reviews on if a revalve seemed to help much? And which company did yours?
Mb1 4cs suspension performance kit and revalve. Problem solved.
Thelen20
10/19/2015 9:40pm
Can't stand the new forks on the 250sx. Thinking about sending them off to pro action for a revalve to see if it helps any. Any...
Mb1 4cs suspension performance kit and revalve. Problem solved.
How much did that cost??
sandman768
10/21/2015 12:05pm
2015 xc 300. 190lbs Sr A mx & Gncc rider. Sent forks & shock to Factory Connection in NH, after 20 hrs on stock suspension. Forks had softened up a lot since new & heavy bottoming & harsh mid stroke on square edged hits. I discussed with F/C before work, I also stated I ride mostly Rough sand tracks, sort of old school outdoor mx without the big jumps, I use my crf 450 for full on moto. Here is what I got back: .47 springs, 680 cc of oil, comp 15 rebound 15. Rode a few hrs at my rough sand track, better than stock, still felt some harshness on small choppy square edge hits. I then rode on a tighter mx track with a lot of square edged choppy terrain..... The forks were deflecting & vey harsh, I figured I would take some oil out but I also had a few spots on the track where the forks would bottom with a metal to metal clank. Kept going stiffer on compression but made it worse. Actually called F/C & was going to send them back for another revolve, but decided to go back to my sand track to test again. After talking with F/C I really wanted to focus on the fork so I would have some useful feedback to give them. After a few hrs of riding I kept backing out compression, ended up on 21 out & forks got better with compression backed out, normally I end up cranking comp in on forks in the sand. I did not feel metal to metal bottoming & oring on fork leg measured 25mm"s from bottom lug. Long story short, faster I went in the sand better they worked, but still think mid stroke harshness needs to be addressed. !I think a very limited window to get these forks right, I believe F/C & I will get these ironed out, after all we got my 13 crf air forks working good....Ij"ve owned several yamahas in the past 15 yrs, I know what good forks feel like

Post a reply to: KTM 4CS revalve reviews

The Latest