KTM 350 EFI 9 blinks, bog, bog die

Crush
Edited Date/Time 12/5/2015 6:40am
Hey guys.

Thoughts?

At RCU yesterday… 2013 KTM 350 SXF… 40 hours, meticulously maintained, new fuel filter not 5 hours ago, new air every ride, oil every other etc.

After doing some starts with Fro–which, apparently I suck at now, the EFI light started blinking. 9 times. Manifold pressure...

Called KTM dealer. He said if it’s fine I’m probably ok to keep riding for a bit–I don’t wanna blow it up though, so I skip the starts and move on.

Then bike shuts off after throttle… like a bog. Restarts, but idle is super low, even with idle screw all the way in (or out for that matter)

I do know two things… the ground on the battery hasn’t been perfect for a while, I’ve cleaned it and retapped, it’s better but not perfect… AND the sensor plug on the airbox is also a little sketchy, although seems ok in terms of connection right now, i.e. it’s holding solidly on there.

I’m definitely not an electrics guy and probably taking to the shop tomorrow… Anyone got any input? Am I about to hand over the card and get smashed or is it likely simple? I did post in here a little while back after some time off it was hard to start, dialed the idle screw in and started and idled fine.
|
NeedMoto
12/2/2015 9:38pm
Roughly... 6 - 8 weeks ago, my buddy was having similar issues, same bike. Ended up being something with the electrical harness, as a result of him messing around with the battery, and some rerouting that he was trying to get creative with. He brought it to the dealership, and $300.00 later, been running perfect.

Let us know what you find.
Crush
12/2/2015 9:42pm Edited Date/Time 12/2/2015 9:42pm
Got another vote for loose wiring on KTM talk I think..

Like I say, not an electrical guy so has to go in tomorrow. Hopefully it's not an expensive trip!!!

Cheers mate!
Crush
12/3/2015 8:54pm
Dealer just called. Dirty map sensor terminals apparently...

So happy that it is a cheap fix and I can ride this weekend, but i'm going to have to start learning electronics I think! Anyone got any suggestions as to where/how to start?
Lasse
Fantasy
2966th
12/5/2015 6:40am
Get the baciscs of a DC circuit and realise that most of your components in a harness is basicly just a switch.

A switch that works and reacts to different things, but a switch none the less Smile

Post a reply to: KTM 350 EFI 9 blinks, bog, bog die

The Latest