KTM 250sx 2013 Linkage (upgrade?)

Kryan5
Edited Date/Time 5/4/2015 10:51am
So at the track yesterday I came in from a practice session and was sitting down looking at my bike. Just happened to notice something missing on the tie rod part of the linkage. The bolt head had snapped off at the frame and what was left of the bolt had obviously backed out quite a bit. I'm glad a caught it because it could have been disastrous if the suspension collapsed on a high speed section or a big jump.
Anyway my question is i now think that it is bent, is it worth it to upgrade to perhaps a pro circuit linkage? Any one try this on a KTM and have any opinions?
|
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
5/3/2015 5:56pm
I put a Nihilo linkage on my 250 sx-f. It's a bit longer so drops down the backend of the bit a hair. I felt like it help hold up the first part of the shock stroke and maybe a bit more traction. If you interested in experimenting... Why not? Some people like them, some down. It's deffinitly a personal preference thing.
Kryan5
5/3/2015 6:23pm
I'm taller so I don't really don't want to drop the bike. I already feel a bit of compartment clostraphobia(sp) in 180s when I'm laid over with high bends, So if that's all that's achieved is a lowered ride height, it's not for me. I feel my suspension(factory connection) is great. Just didn't know if there is any other benifits with the link.
5/3/2015 7:19pm
Kryan5 wrote:
I'm taller so I don't really don't want to drop the bike. I already feel a bit of compartment clostraphobia(sp) in 180s when I'm laid over...
I'm taller so I don't really don't want to drop the bike. I already feel a bit of compartment clostraphobia(sp) in 180s when I'm laid over with high bends, So if that's all that's achieved is a lowered ride height, it's not for me. I feel my suspension(factory connection) is great. Just didn't know if there is any other benifits with the link.
I think the most lowering you will get out of any of them will be a half of an inch. They really weren't designed to help shorter riders.

I think I read where the Pro Circuit and Ride Engineering links were a little different in length. Not sure about the others.

If you're still cramped you might try a taller seat or some adjustable pegs.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
5/3/2015 8:52pm
If you like the way your bike feels just get the same length. You can get stock length from PC and a few others to get that aftermarket look.

The Shop

Kryan5
5/4/2015 10:13am
I stuck with stock. Thanks for the input. Here's some pics of the snapped bolt.

Post a reply to: KTM 250sx 2013 Linkage (upgrade?)

The Latest