KLX 110 Suspension Setup

mark_swart
Edited Date/Time 11/13/2012 2:45pm
Just picked up a KLX 110 to use as a pitbike and also share with my 11 year old daughter. I can tell already the forks are going to bottom like crazy if I even look at it. However, I am NOT looking to go whole hog and buy new forks, frames, wheels, disc brakes, etc. I weigh 170 and I'm not planning to hit triples on this thing, that's why I have a 450.
That being said, what do you guys recommend as far as basic/low cost mods -- stiffer springs (how stiff?), heavier oil (what weight?), etc. I've also heard of swapping out forks from the older KX-60 because they will accept my drum brake. I also don't want to make it so stiff that my 100 lb daughter feels every bump, since we'll be sharing it. Would heavier fork oil and higher quantity suffice?
Thanks!
|
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
1959th
11/12/2012 11:13pm
Race Tech offers both springs and Gold Valve Emulators (converts old school damping rod style forks to work like modern cartridge forks with a custom setup) for the forks. We also make replacement shocks for Two Brothers.

If you're interested, shoot me an email and we offer a discount for VitalMX members. We can definitely get you a setup that is plush yet firm and point you in a great direction that will be a compromise between what you are wanting and your daughter.

chris@racetech.com - shoot me an email and I can get you a recommendation on springs that will be a great compromise. We do have a springrate search straight from the product search below.

Race Tech product search on KLX110

Post a reply to: KLX 110 Suspension Setup

The Latest