G2 Throttle Tube

Calhoun117
Edited Date/Time 8/11/2015 12:10pm
So a little background, I have a 13' 450f Yamaha. Been riding dirt bikes seriously for about 3 years; quads my whole life and some dirt bikes when I was younger but mainly quads. I don't get the chance to ride as much as I'd like but I ride trails as much as possible maybe 1-2 times a week, and ride MX at least once a month, sometimes more. (Closest track is an hour and a half away, closest indoor track in the winter is over 2 hours). I picked up the 450 2 years ago, was initially going to get a 250 4t but got the 450 due to it being on sale at 4999 brand new. I love the bike, am very used to it now and can ride it pretty well both on the track and trails. I would really like to soften up the initial power in the 0-1/4 throttle range. That's the only part of the bike I need help with, I get sketchy sometimes during tight rutted corners just because the throttle is so choppy and strong in that 0-1/4 throttle range. I have to concentrate way to hard to keep the throttle steady during transition from braking to rolling throttle on around the corner to get a nice smooth fast turn. My goal is to soften up that part of the throttle and I've found the g2 throttle tamer throttle tubes. Has anyone had experience with these? They come with a different size cam that supposedly softens up that initial throttle opening then returns to normal after about 1/3 throttle. Would really like some feedback on them, or any other ideas to get that part of the power more controllable. Thanks in advance.
|
mxrider971
8/11/2015 5:13am
I have a 14' YZ 450f and one of the first things I did was change the sprocket size down to a 47 tooth. I also changed the map in my bike with the GYTR tuner. I would suggest doing both of these things. It made a really big difference.
Calhoun117
8/11/2015 5:18am
Thanks for the reply, I'm not even 100% sure what the stock gearing is anymore but currently im running a stock front and a 48 rear which I think is stock? Regardless id rather not go too much lower on the rear because I do trail ride a lot and want to have a useful first gear without smoking the clutch out every month. It's a good suggestion and I'll consider getting a 47 set up for track days. How much was the tuner? And how difficult was it to set up and get what you want out of it? I've never messed with tuners before.
Calhoun117
8/11/2015 5:21am
Also sense you have a similar bike what clicker settings do you run? And your weight? I've been surprised that I feel much more comfortable in corners with my clickers turned out a lot more then what mxa recommended, seems like I can get more traction out of a softer setting. Just curious to see what others are running I that department.
mxrider971
8/11/2015 6:43am
I believe the tuner is 200$, but you can ask around the track and someone might let you use theirs and even teach you how to use it. It is really simple to use and takes only a couple minutes to put a tune in. As for the suspension, I'm not sure. What ever Factory Connection set it to. I do strictly Motocross as well, so its set up a little different.

The Shop

Calhoun117
8/11/2015 8:11am
Just an FYI I found some base maps on MXA I figured I'd share with you in case you haven't seen them. I ordered a programmer and will be starting with the last map listed in the pic and go from there. I figure once I get it dialed I can always sell the tuner and get atleast 50% back on it.
mxrider971
8/11/2015 12:10pm
Yes I have seen them, but thank you. We always keep the tuner with us so we can change it depending on what track we are going to or what the conditions are.

Post a reply to: G2 Throttle Tube

The Latest