Fc250 battery draining

holverson34
Rode my bike last weekend, started great. unloaded it off the stand the next day and when I dropped the back wheel on the ground the battery started to sound like it was starting. Hit the seat and it did it again, then went to start it and it had no juice. Charged the battery, started up great then the next day same problem. Any advice
|
Bennett59
7/20/2016 10:47pm
Sounds like electric issue I'd check batt leads are all tight and also check make sure starter switch is not shorting out. Depending how new the bike is? Husky is very good about warranty any issues
Beast666
7/21/2016 10:16am
Regulator/rectifier could be bad causing a draw on the battery.

Do a current draw test and see if there is draw on the battery with the engine off.

Then disconnect the regulator and do the test again if the draw is less the regulator is drawing down your battery.
Paw Paw 271
7/22/2016 8:05pm
If the battery has a bad cell it can do this. It can also show good voltage until put under a load and then the voltage will drop like a rock.
How old is the battery?

Paw Paw

The Shop

holverson34
7/22/2016 9:10pm
If the battery has a bad cell it can do this. It can also show good voltage until put under a load and then the voltage...
If the battery has a bad cell it can do this. It can also show good voltage until put under a load and then the voltage will drop like a rock.
How old is the battery?

Paw Paw
Not sure how old the battery it's self is but I got the bike new in February.
holverson34
7/23/2016 9:04pm
I remember KTM having problems with batteries last year if you didn't charge it full the first time. I've upgraded to a new WPS feather light...
I remember KTM having problems with batteries last year if you didn't charge it full the first time.

I've upgraded to a new WPS feather light battery. Not sure which exact one fits your bike. I can look at my model number tomorrow.
http://www.btosports.com/p/wps-featherweight-lithium-batteries
Yeah it's a 15 husky I got new in Feb of 16. Not sure why it makes a noise when I smack the seat or drop it off the stand
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
7/23/2016 11:30pm
I remember KTM having problems with batteries last year if you didn't charge it full the first time. I've upgraded to a new WPS feather light...
I remember KTM having problems with batteries last year if you didn't charge it full the first time.

I've upgraded to a new WPS feather light battery. Not sure which exact one fits your bike. I can look at my model number tomorrow.
http://www.btosports.com/p/wps-featherweight-lithium-batteries
Yeah it's a 15 husky I got new in Feb of 16. Not sure why it makes a noise when I smack the seat or drop...
Yeah it's a 15 husky I got new in Feb of 16. Not sure why it makes a noise when I smack the seat or drop it off the stand
Maybe a video of the noise will help us?
7/24/2016 12:49am
My FC started doing that after I had washed bike with the seat off.

Mine was damp around the ECU connections.
12/5/2016 11:25am
Rode my bike last weekend, started great. unloaded it off the stand the next day and when I dropped the back wheel on the ground the...
Rode my bike last weekend, started great. unloaded it off the stand the next day and when I dropped the back wheel on the ground the battery started to sound like it was starting. Hit the seat and it did it again, then went to start it and it had no juice. Charged the battery, started up great then the next day same problem. Any advice
Either the connections at the terminal is bad or the connections inside the battery are bad.

Give us a call at 920-545-4956 and I can talk you through a few things to test.

Post a reply to: Fc250 battery draining

The Latest