Custom Triple Clamps

Related:
Create New Tag

7/1/2013 10:49 PM

Anybody know of a place that can make a set of custom triple clamps? I'm not looking to do anything crazy, just need a set of RM85 clamps made, but with the front fender and number plate bolt pattern of a KX85 [pit bike project]. I had Ron at RSW Racing make me a set before, but he won't respond to my emails about doing another set. I contacted Emig Racing, they said they could do it, but apparently they are very proud of their shit! [$400 PER CLAMP]. I've tried searching around on Google to, but can't find any leads. Can anybody help me out?

|

7/2/2013 5:55 AM

any good machinist can do it. they just need dimensions.

|

7/2/2013 11:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/2/2013 11:04 PM

Emailed pics of the clamps to a few local machine shops, yet to hear back.

|

7/3/2013 7:24 AM

Probably Reynards or Emigs Dad's shops.

|

7/3/2013 9:22 AM

Emig racing, Great work, I had a set made up for an RM 250, would highly recommend

|

7/3/2013 11:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/3/2013 5:13 PM

TX24 wrote:

Probably Reynards or Emigs Dad's shops.

Just sent Reynards an email. And like I said, Emig said they can do it, but at $400 per clamp, that's a little to rich for me. RSW Racing made me a top and bottom clamp with bar mounts for around $350.

|

7/5/2013 8:43 AM

You could always use an RM triple clamp and fab some brackets for the KX numberplate. Then just drill new holes for the fender if it doesn't line up.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

7/5/2013 11:09 AM

Yeah, that's what I've been doing. I drilled out 2 holes in the top RM clamp and bolted on my battery switch, which is also where the front number plate bolts up
Photo

Then the fender is a real pain in the ass to get lined up, I had to drill the bolt holes like double their oringinal size, this is what really makes me want to get a set of clamps made, it gets old having to drill out new fenders, and load on the washers to get it to bolt up. Hopefully I hear back from some places on Monday. I really appreciate all the help from yall so far!

|

12/19/2013 1:25 AM

Forgot to update this until now, but I ended up having Topar Racing in Colorado make me a top and bottom clamp set, along with risers. Everybody there was awesome to deal with. Tony and Tammy responded to my emails and calls quickly. Overall, I was very happy with how they turned out, everything lined up perfectly. They have held up great the past 4+ months to. I believe the total came out around $350.

If any of yall are looking to get a set of clamps made, I would definitely suggest checking them out
http://www.toparracing.com/

Here's a few pics of when I first threw the clamps on
Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

12/20/2013 5:39 PM

Is that a klx140? Thing is bitching!

|

12/30/2013 6:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/30/2013 6:36 PM

jhansen510 wrote:

Is that a klx140? Thing is bitching!

Yes sir. Thank you! Here's an updated pic of it.
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

1/1/2014 12:42 PM

Can you please explain to me what all you did to that thing? I would like to add one to my stable!

|

1/3/2014 8:42 PM

jhansen510 wrote:

Can you please explain to me what all you did to that thing? I would like to add one to my stable!

Sure! For the suspension, I have a RM85 front end on there, and a RM85 shock. [KX85/100 suspension bolts right up to, and I'm sure the suspension from other 85s would to]. The motor has a 170 kit, oversized valves, port and polish, and then a 26mm carb. Also have a FMF pipe [the "moto" version is the one to get, the others look like 2 stroke silencers] on there with the powerbomb header. Everything else is just misc. stuff like Renthal 784 bars, ARC levers, pro wheel rims, motoseat cover, decal works graphics, zeta dress up pieces, moose shifter from a 02-04 KLX110 [to get rid of the stock linkage shifter] and then powder coating. [50/50 black, and royal candy blue].

I'd definitely suggests getting one. They are a ton of fun to ride, even stock. Everyone who has ridden my bike or my buddy's has ended up buying one! Lol

|