Cooling Wests

Edited Date/Time 8/10/2015 11:15am
What do you think of them? Do you have one/use them regularly/have dumped it? Which one do you use?

/Edit: It's Vests. I am incredibly sorry for the lack of my English skills caused by the fact that I'm relatively stupid and a foreigner.
|
Oldnslo
8/9/2015 1:23pm
I normally use the fooling Easts...much better than the fooling Wests IMHO....
8/9/2015 3:07pm
Oldnslo wrote:
I normally use the fooling Easts...much better than the fooling Wests IMHO....
So funny I forgot to laugh...
Oldnslo
8/9/2015 3:30pm
They work really good but for a very short time. They end up making you hotter as time goes on....only good got about 15 minutes on track....
logan_140
8/9/2015 5:55pm
I like the frog toggs better for after a moto. Cools you instantly

The Shop

mxrider971
8/9/2015 6:08pm
On hot days, I soak my Under Armour with cold water 15 minutes or so before my moto. It works very well. I also keep my helmet in a cooler and have my dad pore water down my back as the 30 second card comes up.
8/10/2015 1:05am
Oldnslo wrote:
They work really good but for a very short time. They end up making you hotter as time goes on....only good got about 15 minutes on...
They work really good but for a very short time. They end up making you hotter as time goes on....only good got about 15 minutes on track....
Mhh thanks, but how exactly do they make you hotter? I mean the body can't boil the water, it will probably just be at body temperature and then work like sweat does, or am I wrong?
8/10/2015 1:09am
mxrider971 wrote:
On hot days, I soak my Under Armour with cold water 15 minutes or so before my moto. It works very well. I also keep my...
On hot days, I soak my Under Armour with cold water 15 minutes or so before my moto. It works very well. I also keep my helmet in a cooler and have my dad pore water down my back as the 30 second card comes up.
Helmet in the cooler is definitely awesome, but I don't have a cooler big enough for that. :D But maybe just throwing in the liner and cheek pads makes a difference. And here in Germany there is no one except yourself allowed behind the starting gate...
wsc96
Fantasy
474th
8/10/2015 2:34am Edited Date/Time 8/10/2015 2:34am
Mhh thanks, but how exactly do they make you hotter? I mean the body can't boil the water, it will probably just be at body temperature...
Mhh thanks, but how exactly do they make you hotter? I mean the body can't boil the water, it will probably just be at body temperature and then work like sweat does, or am I wrong?
I think the problem is that you're wearing another layer so less air flow. A thick layer at that so similar to wearing a jumper I'm guessing.
Oldnslo
8/10/2015 2:46am
Oldnslo wrote:
They work really good but for a very short time. They end up making you hotter as time goes on....only good got about 15 minutes on...
Mhh thanks, but how exactly do they make you hotter? I mean the body can't boil the water, it will probably just be at body temperature...
They are thick and heavy in weigh. So as time passes and the coolness is gone , you are stuck wearing this additional heavy layer on your body. I wear mine prior to the start only to get as cool as possible prior the start of a Moto. They feel great after s Moto to cool your core temperature faster than simple convection cooling...Not worth the expense IMHO....
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
8/10/2015 11:15am Edited Date/Time 8/10/2015 11:16am
Once the vest rises in temperature the water will act as insulation trapping the heat radiating from your body. Race car drivers sometimes use cool suits but these circulate the water through a cooling system to keep the water at an appropriate temperature so it isn't feasible for a rider on a motorcycle.

So, a cooling vest can help but only for a limited amount of time. You're better off working up a good sweat with well ventilated gear if you're carrying a decent speed to help cool your body the best.

Post a reply to: Cooling Wests

The Latest