Bog in my 2003 CR125

Stooperbike
Edited Date/Time 7/5/2012 7:24am
Hello all,
I have been riding my 2003 CR125 more and more, last weekend I noticed that when I landed hard off a jump the motor would bog for a couple of seconds. It would only happen once in while during a hard landing. I thought it was maybe an electrical connection coming loose but everything seems to be tight. I did to a complete resto on this bike over the winter, the top and bottom end were replaced, all the bearings clutch, seals, gaskets replaced with OEM parts. It has a PC pipe and silencer, everything else is stock.
I was having all sorts of thoughts of what it could be, everything from the reeds staying/hanging open to the bike just getting pissed off at me cause I could not clear the tabletop! I cannot remember if I was under throttle or not when landing. The jetting is right on, and other than this once in while bog the bike runs awesome.

thanks for the help!
|
pete24
7/2/2012 3:50pm
Jake make sure all the vent lines are clear and u didnt pinch any when u put the motor back in , then like the other two guys said check the float level a lot of those hondas leak fuelout the carb hoses so guys keep lowering the floats when the problem is really the brass seat that the float needle goes in , pull it out with pliers go easy and dont crush it, the oring on it is prolly bad, i have one i think if u need it,,,,,,,does the DR know your ridding?
Stooperbike
7/5/2012 7:24am
Thanks Guys, I am gong to check it out this weekend.
Pete..Well......... I went to the docs about a month ago and he said everything looked fine and did not want to see me anymore unless there was an issue. I got done with PT a few weeks ago, I will be going in for a few followups later on this year. Its been 8 months since I broke my arm, alot of the strength is back and it feels great. I am riding, but I take it pretty easy. Next year I hope to be back up to speed.

Post a reply to: Bog in my 2003 CR125

The Latest