Any have feedback on moose brand spokes?

Edited Date/Time 4/27/2016 6:37am
I know they contract Thier stuff out but Thier price seems very low so I'm guessing if the quality is there?
Son exploded his front wheel the other day and I'd rather replace with something heavy duty.

So anyone with input on this brand or with knowledge of who makes them for moose?
|
mxb2
4/26/2016 2:00pm
Buy some bulldog or buchanan.
adam8781
4/26/2016 11:55pm Edited Date/Time 4/27/2016 12:03am
moose is chinese, with spokes im sure they aren't horrible, but im a fan of overbuilding.

That being said, i have seen cheap chinese tusk wheels take hits they should have exploded. How the wheel is taken care of is more important than the brand name of the parts. Most guys have 2 speeds for wheels, to loose and neglectred or way to tight. Proper spoke torque wrench is a great idea if you haven't built many wheels
Slosh 112
4/27/2016 3:37am
Ive built wheels at both ends of the spectrum, A60's with Excel spokes and Talon hubs to Tusk rims with steel spokes and OEM hubs. It all comes down to maintenance, a primo set that aren't looked after flog out just as quick as cheap stuff. I've used Moose Spokes and nipples on a few builds and honestly theres no difference between them and regular stainless spokes. Some people prefer to use the Excel spokes with their spline drive nipples because if they lax on the maintenance they are easier to loosen off with the spline drive spoke wrench than just a normal square drive nipple.

And truthfully I don't see any advantage structurally with stainless over steel for spokes, their only advantage of regular steel spokes are that they stay shiny and don't corrode. I work with stainless fasteners and hydraulic fittings on a daily basis and if you don't use a good anti seize they basically weld themselves together and seize at the drop of a hat when they build up heat.

The Shop

4/27/2016 6:37am
Think I am gonna go with Buchanan, just to be on the overbuilt/safe side.

thanks everybody for the input.

Post a reply to: Any have feedback on moose brand spokes?

The Latest