2017 ktm 250sx

CamP
9/10/2016 7:26am
slipdog wrote:
That's very impressive for a bolt on part. Nothing shows in a search, do you have any contact information?
Yes, everyone in the dyno room was impressed too. I thought it was just another widget with outrageous claims, but you can't deny the dyno results and the track impressions backs them up.

The developer's name is Keith Peterson. He goes by KPRacing on thumpertalk. His email is keithpeterson75@gmail.com. I think he comes from a snowmobile and ice racing background in Wisconsin.
CamP
9/10/2016 7:31am
Here's a pic of the part.

slipdog
9/10/2016 9:03am
slipdog wrote:
That's very impressive for a bolt on part. Nothing shows in a search, do you have any contact information?
CamP wrote:
Yes, everyone in the dyno room was impressed too. I thought it was just another widget with outrageous claims, but you can't deny the dyno results...
Yes, everyone in the dyno room was impressed too. I thought it was just another widget with outrageous claims, but you can't deny the dyno results and the track impressions backs them up.

The developer's name is Keith Peterson. He goes by KPRacing on thumpertalk. His email is keithpeterson75@gmail.com. I think he comes from a snowmobile and ice racing background in Wisconsin.
Thanks for the info Cam, I'll be looking him up as soon as I get the new reeds for my bike.
MxRyder
9/24/2016 11:41am
Im a new memeber...been reading for years....i happen to own a 14' Yz Mx version of Eg295....i have boysen Xwing....Dep pipe..stock silencer...my jetting is near perfect.....geared 14/50...and pull 3rd gear starts on a concrete pad...and i can gap 450s...all day long...weather its off a start or up all the hills of Glen Helen........i also raced a 14'Yz450f...both in 450 intermediate...getting ready to order a Kp metering block for the Yz295.....im curious as to why all the dyno graphs ever shown the Yzs 250s or 295s or anything in between never break 50 H.p.....yet i can pull 450s going up hills....sometimes even when they exit the turn ahead of me...and i go flying by...yet we see under powered Hp rating on dynos?.....ive tested this theory on other brand 450s....and it always the same.....could it be that when a load is introduced(dirt)..Vs a street tire on a dyno doesnt let the bike produce the load required to produce enough power.....i ask cause Camp/ digger29\greyracer these guys know whats up and ive never seen the yzBb or 250s get the 250sx or tc250 power......i had 2014 tc250 and it was fast...but suspension was shit....so on to a 14'250 built by EGto 295......sorry for such a long post.......let it rip boyz???.

The Shop

9/24/2016 4:22pm
Haven't kept up in quite some time but is anyone still trying or have experience with the SmartCarbs. Weren't they supposed to have an updated version coming out?

Cool idea, excellent benefits if you could get it dialed in. Seemed to be a notch better than a Lectron when it came to not having to continually adjust it for changing conditions.
CamP
9/24/2016 7:42pm
MxRyder wrote:
Im a new memeber...been reading for years....i happen to own a 14' Yz Mx version of Eg295....i have boysen Xwing....Dep pipe..stock silencer...my jetting is near perfect.....geared...
Im a new memeber...been reading for years....i happen to own a 14' Yz Mx version of Eg295....i have boysen Xwing....Dep pipe..stock silencer...my jetting is near perfect.....geared 14/50...and pull 3rd gear starts on a concrete pad...and i can gap 450s...all day long...weather its off a start or up all the hills of Glen Helen........i also raced a 14'Yz450f...both in 450 intermediate...getting ready to order a Kp metering block for the Yz295.....im curious as to why all the dyno graphs ever shown the Yzs 250s or 295s or anything in between never break 50 H.p.....yet i can pull 450s going up hills....sometimes even when they exit the turn ahead of me...and i go flying by...yet we see under powered Hp rating on dynos?.....ive tested this theory on other brand 450s....and it always the same.....could it be that when a load is introduced(dirt)..Vs a street tire on a dyno doesnt let the bike produce the load required to produce enough power.....i ask cause Camp/ digger29\greyracer these guys know whats up and ive never seen the yzBb or 250s get the 250sx or tc250 power......i had 2014 tc250 and it was fast...but suspension was shit....so on to a 14'250 built by EGto 295......sorry for such a long post.......let it rip boyz???.
Comparing dyno numbers from different dynos is a mistake. The dyno can be setup to read higher numbers such as using STD vs SAE net correction factors. That alone can be a 4hp difference. There are also many other variables that make it a futile exercise.

9/26/2016 1:59am
Haven't kept up in quite some time but is anyone still trying or have experience with the SmartCarbs. Weren't they supposed to have an updated version...
Haven't kept up in quite some time but is anyone still trying or have experience with the SmartCarbs. Weren't they supposed to have an updated version coming out?

Cool idea, excellent benefits if you could get it dialed in. Seemed to be a notch better than a Lectron when it came to not having to continually adjust it for changing conditions.
I have no experience with the sc, but put a lectron on my 15 300sx, and apsolutley loved it!
Deetsmx
9/26/2016 10:45am Edited Date/Time 9/26/2016 10:48am
CamP wrote:
I wouldn't think twice about converting to a short body 38mm PWK air striker. I'd highly recommend installing a KPR Metering block while you are at...
I wouldn't think twice about converting to a short body 38mm PWK air striker. I'd highly recommend installing a KPR Metering block while you are at it. The metering block made more power everywhere on the dyno curve and added 3-5hp at peak on my YZ carb equipped CR250.
Do you know if the carb off of a 2004 kx250 will work? I found one on ebay for a decent price but it has a bunch of electronics on it, which I assume I would plug up. Debating whether to do the air striker and metering block or a lectron for my 2017 tc 250.
CamP
9/27/2016 5:53am
Deetsmx wrote:
Do you know if the carb off of a 2004 kx250 will work? I found one on ebay for a decent price but it has a...
Do you know if the carb off of a 2004 kx250 will work? I found one on ebay for a decent price but it has a bunch of electronics on it, which I assume I would plug up. Debating whether to do the air striker and metering block or a lectron for my 2017 tc 250.
Yes, the short body KX and RM carbs will also work fine. You just need to replace the power jet with a threaded plug, which is available at any good hardware store.
victor16
10/12/2016 4:08am
slipdog wrote:
I believe the pilot has to be much leaner to work with their needle, but my leftover slection of TMX jets from the '90's is limited...
I believe the pilot has to be much leaner to work with their needle, but my leftover slection of TMX jets from the '90's is limited. One 20 pilot and a few in the 40's and 50's. That's why I just got JD's new kit, but it only came with the 32.5.

I get the pinging at partial mid throttle/rpm in some of the sweepers at Hangtown when I raise the clip too far to compensate for the rich feeling at low rpm's. It's weird how it feels fat and almost blubbery down low and lean at the top at the same time.
Have you inspected your reed valve and how the reeds seal (or don't) against the block? Many KTM users are reporting the reeds aren't sealing well...
Have you inspected your reed valve and how the reeds seal (or don't) against the block? Many KTM users are reporting the reeds aren't sealing well and having lots of low RPM/part throttle blubbery-ness.

My buddy is running a 37.5 PJ in his '17 250SX with stock needle on the 2nd clip. It runs pretty good for our conditions (sea level, 90 *F). I can't get him to try a leaner pilot yet, but think it would benefit from a 35 or maybe 32.5.
Hi eric_94... based on that carb set up from your friends at sea level ... do you know how many turns out on the air screw? It seems that main jet 450, pilot jet 40 or 37.5, clip in second position on the stock needle 43-73, and about 1 3/4 out on the air screw is working but between 1100 and 2500 ft above sea level.
MXA tested at Glen Helen which is almost at sea level and they only went up on main jet to 450 and opened out the air screw at 2 1/2. Has anyone at sea level tried this combo instead?
erik_94COBRA
10/13/2016 5:08am
victor16 wrote:
Hi eric_94... based on that carb set up from your friends at sea level ... do you know how many turns out on the air screw...
Hi eric_94... based on that carb set up from your friends at sea level ... do you know how many turns out on the air screw? It seems that main jet 450, pilot jet 40 or 37.5, clip in second position on the stock needle 43-73, and about 1 3/4 out on the air screw is working but between 1100 and 2500 ft above sea level.
MXA tested at Glen Helen which is almost at sea level and they only went up on main jet to 450 and opened out the air screw at 2 1/2. Has anyone at sea level tried this combo instead?
I think it was 1.5 to 2 turns out on air screw. We adjusted the AS for highest idle after a hard ride.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
10/13/2016 7:29am
What do you guys think about the Lectron carbs? I see some people say they are plug and play, dork touch a thing. Other people are doing all types of adjustments?

What are your thoughts? Thanks!
Pirate421
10/15/2016 5:15am
What do you guys think about the Lectron carbs? I see some people say they are plug and play, dork touch a thing. Other people are...
What do you guys think about the Lectron carbs? I see some people say they are plug and play, dork touch a thing. Other people are doing all types of adjustments?

i have one on my 250 and it's been great so far. Doesn't need hardly any adjustments, on the off chance it does it takes about 2 minutes to do and you don't even have to loosen the clamps. Main jet (Powerjet) adjustment. Is a screwdriver. Metering rod is easier that changing a needle. I haven't touched min in months, love it. Also the lectron customer service is some of the best I've ever experienced with a product. Super knowledgeable and no question is too big or too small for David. Best mod I've bought by far.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
10/15/2016 7:38am
What do you guys think about the Lectron carbs? I see some people say they are plug and play, dork touch a thing. Other people are...

Pirate421 wrote:
i have one on my 250 and it's been great so far. Doesn't need hardly any adjustments, on the off chance it does it takes about...
i have one on my 250 and it's been great so far. Doesn't need hardly any adjustments, on the off chance it does it takes about 2 minutes to do and you don't even have to loosen the clamps. Main jet (Powerjet) adjustment. Is a screwdriver. Metering rod is easier that changing a needle. I haven't touched min in months, love it. Also the lectron customer service is some of the best I've ever experienced with a product. Super knowledgeable and no question is too big or too small for David. Best mod I've bought by far.
There doesn't really seem to be many draw backs to that carb. I'm surprised more people don't have it. I ordered one so we will see how it works...
Pirate421
10/15/2016 7:41am
There doesn't really seem to be many draw backs to that carb. I'm surprised more people don't have it. I ordered one so we will see...
There doesn't really seem to be many draw backs to that carb. I'm surprised more people don't have it. I ordered one so we will see how it works...
I think some people are thrown off by the price, or maybe they think their jetting is good or you're less of a mechanic if you get a lectron. Either way $400 and you will get the most out of your bike and some people will spend $1000 for a four stroke exhaust. Baffles me.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
10/15/2016 10:04am
There doesn't really seem to be many draw backs to that carb. I'm surprised more people don't have it. I ordered one so we will see...
Pirate421 wrote:
I think some people are thrown off by the price, or maybe they think their jetting is good or you're less of a mechanic if you...
I think some people are thrown off by the price, or maybe they think their jetting is good or you're less of a mechanic if you get a lectron. Either way $400 and you will get the most out of your bike and some people will spend $1000 for a four stroke exhaust. Baffles me.
I guess that's my thinking. I still have my 250f and love it and can't wait to ride it. But this 2 stroke deal seems really cheap compared to what I've been doing to my 250f. Hahhahaha. I mean I guess it's all relative and will add up. What drew me to the Lectron was being able to ride in So Cal, low elevation, high des and going to Oregon with the ability to start it and enjoy my day. I'll post about it after it's tested.

Post a reply to: 2017 ktm 250sx

The Latest