2016 WP A-Kit Cone Valve 48 Forks - New Design

1/4/2016 3:36pm
Europe has them all readily available now...my buddy had set of the new CVs and Trax on at the weekend...
Thanks Chuck,

Looks like I'll contact my dealer and see where mine are at. Any feedback from your buddy on how the new forks went?
jwoltz
1/4/2016 8:21pm Edited Date/Time 1/4/2016 8:24pm
Hope your stuff comes in like now! I want a deep review !
1/4/2016 8:59pm
jwoltz wrote:
Hope your stuff comes in like now! I want a deep review !
I hope so too! Still racing stock 4CS at the moment. I'll give a full review when the time comes, can't imagine they are all that different from the previous generation CV's but I've never ridden with a pair so i'm sure i'll be as happy as a pig in mud.
chuckdavies
1/5/2016 4:44am
Thanks Chuck,

Looks like I'll contact my dealer and see where mine are at. Any feedback from your buddy on how the new forks went?
He rode the husky once with the stock 4cs and put it away until the new stuff arrived (i feel like doing the same - absolutely horrific).

He's just put the new CV and Trax on and said they're a mile off where they want to be, altho still slightly better than stock...

He had the older versions too and loved them though, so he's sure once these are set up they'll be sweet.

I was all set to order the new CV/Trax, but i'm having second thoughts at the minute - might go another direction to something more familiar to my japanese background

The Shop

Motofinne
1/5/2016 7:16am
He rode the husky once with the stock 4cs and put it away until the new stuff arrived (i feel like doing the same - absolutely...
He rode the husky once with the stock 4cs and put it away until the new stuff arrived (i feel like doing the same - absolutely horrific).

He's just put the new CV and Trax on and said they're a mile off where they want to be, altho still slightly better than stock...

He had the older versions too and loved them though, so he's sure once these are set up they'll be sweet.

I was all set to order the new CV/Trax, but i'm having second thoughts at the minute - might go another direction to something more familiar to my japanese background
SSS conversion on the forks?

Btw WP has a spring conversion kit for the WP AER48 fork if someone would want to have a spring fork instead of the air http://smartshop-racing.com/factory-suspension-kits-and-parts/spring-co…
chuckdavies
1/6/2016 3:24am
Motofinne wrote:
SSS conversion on the forks? Btw WP has a spring conversion kit for the WP AER48 fork if someone would want to have a spring fork...
SSS conversion on the forks?

Btw WP has a spring conversion kit for the WP AER48 fork if someone would want to have a spring fork instead of the air http://smartshop-racing.com/factory-suspension-kits-and-parts/spring-co…
Hopefully next level to a SSS conversion...If it all comes off i'll post up soon!

I'm hearing good things about the AER 48 forks tho!
Moto520
1/6/2016 6:29pm
Guys.....I have the cone valve forks on my 2016 as well as the new Traxx shock. I really think that this is an excellent combination. I wouldn't try to futz with putting the SSS stuff on the KTM.

If you rode my bike you would understand.....it's really good shit.

For reference I currently have:
2015 CRf450 with spring forks revalved by Factory Connection
2013 CRF250 with spring fork revalved by FC
2013 CRf450 with air fork revalved by FC
2005 yz250 with aoss revalved by ENzo

I recently sold a 2014 yz250f revalved by Enzo

Don't ask why I have so many bikes but I can do direct comparisons by riding more than one bike on a given day. The WP cone valve and Traxx shock are the best so far.
Moto520
1/6/2016 6:31pm
Don't talk yourself out of the high end WP stuff if you can justify the cost. It's good shit.
1/6/2016 6:34pm
Moto520 wrote:
Don't talk yourself out of the high end WP stuff if you can justify the cost. It's good shit.
moto520 You have the new black 2016 CV's?

Chuck, Thanks for the insight. I am expecting there will need to be a setup period with these.
Moto520
1/6/2016 6:46pm
No.....I got the cone valves in September so they are the old style. The shock is the new black one. I've been dieting to find a reason to brag about these! To be honest.....I haven't ridden with the Traxx shock yet......just the cone valves. It's 30 degrees where I live and I just had knee surgery yesterday anyways. I really really really want to brag about my new bike though because it's pretty awesome. Im a first time KTM guy and I love the bike. I got the cone valves before i rode the bike the first time and I really liked the setup. If you have any questions about the forks or if you are on the fence about them....talk to me and I'll give my feedback.

Sorry guys....I'm just stoked about this one!
Moto520
1/6/2016 6:47pm
I'm not normally this douchy!
coastie44
1/6/2016 7:15pm Edited Date/Time 1/6/2016 7:18pm
Moto520 wrote:
Guys.....I have the cone valve forks on my 2016 as well as the new Traxx shock. I really think that this is an excellent combination. I...
Guys.....I have the cone valve forks on my 2016 as well as the new Traxx shock. I really think that this is an excellent combination. I wouldn't try to futz with putting the SSS stuff on the KTM.

If you rode my bike you would understand.....it's really good shit.

For reference I currently have:
2015 CRf450 with spring forks revalved by Factory Connection
2013 CRF250 with spring fork revalved by FC
2013 CRf450 with air fork revalved by FC
2005 yz250 with aoss revalved by ENzo

I recently sold a 2014 yz250f revalved by Enzo

Don't ask why I have so many bikes but I can do direct comparisons by riding more than one bike on a given day. The WP cone valve and Traxx shock are the best so far.
The statement "I wouldn't try to futz with putting the SSS stuff on the KTM" is very misleading, not to mention about $2000 more expensive for the CV forks.

I'm very picky about fork set up because I have a bad wrist. If forks are harsh, or bottom, my wrist immediately starts hurting and I have to tape it in order to ride. If the forks are compliant and don't bottom I can ride hard all day pain free. I ride MX only at decent pace.

Anyway, I have gone through my share of tuners on YZF, CRF, SXF, and KXF bikes over the last 14 years and have had showa, KYB (spring and air) and WP forks (my last 3 bikes have been 13 KTM450SXF, 13 KX450F, and 15 350SXF). With *every* bike I have had the forks re-valved multiple times in order to get them where my wrist doesn't hurt while or after riding. And with every bike except the KXF PSF forks, I have been able to get a good set up.

I had to put the MX Tech SFF spring conversion on my KXF forks and had it revalved a few times to get it to my liking.

Anyway, I have recently had the SSS conversion done for my 4CS forks by TBT in arizona and it works great. I haven't needed to have it revalved even to make my wrist happy.

I had the $$ to buy the CV or Ohlins forks, but I know the SSS are good so it wasn't that hard a decision for me. I'm not saying the CV forks are a bad idea, just that the SSS conversion works very well and is not a hassle at all.
1/6/2016 7:23pm
coastie44 wrote:
The statement "I wouldn't try to futz with putting the SSS stuff on the KTM" is very misleading, not to mention about $2000 more expensive for...
The statement "I wouldn't try to futz with putting the SSS stuff on the KTM" is very misleading, not to mention about $2000 more expensive for the CV forks.

I'm very picky about fork set up because I have a bad wrist. If forks are harsh, or bottom, my wrist immediately starts hurting and I have to tape it in order to ride. If the forks are compliant and don't bottom I can ride hard all day pain free. I ride MX only at decent pace.

Anyway, I have gone through my share of tuners on YZF, CRF, SXF, and KXF bikes over the last 14 years and have had showa, KYB (spring and air) and WP forks (my last 3 bikes have been 13 KTM450SXF, 13 KX450F, and 15 350SXF). With *every* bike I have had the forks re-valved multiple times in order to get them where my wrist doesn't hurt while or after riding. And with every bike except the KXF PSF forks, I have been able to get a good set up.

I had to put the MX Tech SFF spring conversion on my KXF forks and had it revalved a few times to get it to my liking.

Anyway, I have recently had the SSS conversion done for my 4CS forks by TBT in arizona and it works great. I haven't needed to have it revalved even to make my wrist happy.

I had the $$ to buy the CV or Ohlins forks, but I know the SSS are good so it wasn't that hard a decision for me. I'm not saying the CV forks are a bad idea, just that the SSS conversion works very well and is not a hassle at all.
The only factor which stopped me from going the SSS route was the fact that after spending the money on CV's, i have two complete forks. when it comes time for my new bike i can put the CV's on the new bike, or sell them and regather most of my money back.

You might save $2000 but what amount of money are you going to get back from the SSS conversion in the future? If you can do all the labour yourself then I can understand.

In the end, its all personal preference i guess Smile
1/7/2016 4:26pm
Tomorrow the 2016 black cone valve forks will be in and the new Trax shock will take pictures for you guys!
jwoltz
1/7/2016 6:44pm Edited Date/Time 1/7/2016 6:44pm
Tomorrow the 2016 black cone valve forks will be in and the new Trax shock will take pictures for you guys!
That would be awesome.
1/8/2016 2:46am
Ordered mine yesterday. Will get them anywhere at the end of february :/
Would be nice to get some reviews Smile
gpracer36
1/8/2016 6:03am
im leaning toward the aer48 for my 16. Enzo is telling me its the ticket, we will see
jwoltz
1/8/2016 8:09am Edited Date/Time 1/8/2016 8:09am
gpracer36 wrote:
im leaning toward the aer48 for my 16. Enzo is telling me its the ticket, we will see
Really excited about some info on the aer48 as well. I'm P.I.F with the new cone valves through powerband racing, but would almost like a set of aer48s to replace the 4cs stroke blowers completely from my shop. I have heard nothing but good about the aer48 myself.
jwoltz
1/8/2016 8:14am
313 wrote:
Ordered mine yesterday. Will get them anywhere at the end of february :/
Would be nice to get some reviews Smile
We will most likely get the first real review from jchambers48. His kit should be in very soon!!!!! I've seen some pics online of a few guys who got them already in the first shipment, Europe of course, but they are making there way out of the shop at least. Congrats on the purchase, I'm jealous, I ordered mine over a month ago, and I'm further out that you!! I know some distributors are saying mid summer right now at the earliest. Kudos to you!
1/9/2016 9:36am
gpracer36 wrote:
jwoltz wrote:
Really excited about some info on the aer48 as well. I'm P.I.F with the new cone valves through powerband racing, but would almost like a set...
Really excited about some info on the aer48 as well. I'm P.I.F with the new cone valves through powerband racing, but would almost like a set of aer48s to replace the 4cs stroke blowers completely from my shop. I have heard nothing but good about the aer48 myself.
I got to ride the aer48. They were much better than I expected. Very good for stock forks. I would give 7 out of 10. I expect the cone valves to be 10 out of 10 Smile Im running kyb a-kit suspension at the moment and Im really happy with it.. but I hope the wp stuff is even better Smile
1/11/2016 6:00pm
jwoltz wrote:
We will most likely get the first real review from jchambers48. His kit should be in very soon!!!!! I've seen some pics online of a few...
We will most likely get the first real review from jchambers48. His kit should be in very soon!!!!! I've seen some pics online of a few guys who got them already in the first shipment, Europe of course, but they are making there way out of the shop at least. Congrats on the purchase, I'm jealous, I ordered mine over a month ago, and I'm further out that you!! I know some distributors are saying mid summer right now at the earliest. Kudos to you!
I just got informed that my forks will be arriving at the WP suspension dealer in Austria last week of January and will be sent straight to Australia. Guessing I will have my first ride with them early to mid February. The wait is killing me.
snape99
1/11/2016 9:07pm
jwoltz wrote:
We will most likely get the first real review from jchambers48. His kit should be in very soon!!!!! I've seen some pics online of a few...
I just got informed that my forks will be arriving at the WP suspension dealer in Austria last week of January and will be sent straight...
I just got informed that my forks will be arriving at the WP suspension dealer in Austria last week of January and will be sent straight to Australia. Guessing I will have my first ride with them early to mid February. The wait is killing me.
Just in time for some riding then Appin first mx round
1/11/2016 11:27pm
snape99 wrote:
Just in time for some riding then Appin first mx round
You bet! Not much time for testing before round 1 but you would have to think the CV's straight out of the box will have to better than my stock 4cs
1/12/2016 8:56am
Considering Cone valve fork for my crf 250, waiting for pricing etc. Anyone rode a Honda with last year's cone?
gpracer36
1/12/2016 10:21am
Considering Cone valve fork for my crf 250, waiting for pricing etc. Anyone rode a Honda with last year's cone?
i did, put them on my 15 honda 450. Billy at powerband set it up. Worked great. But honestly, my spring forks, off 2012 crf250f, worked just as good and a fraction of the cost.
2/8/2016 2:00am
Look what just turned up!

Going to give them a good run on the weekend. If they perform anywhere near as good as they look I'll be happy
2/8/2016 2:28am
Im still waiting for mine.
Would be nice to hear some feedback... Smile
Jrewing
2/8/2016 3:06am
Damn...
Josh. I watched how rough your old forks were on the race track as it transferred through the bars. I was marshalling. Honestly you will feel it first corner the traction these have, more compliant ride and how much less fatigue you have the next day.
Justin will be bummed as you disappear!! Haha
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
2/8/2016 6:30am
gpracer36 wrote:
jwoltz wrote:
Really excited about some info on the aer48 as well. I'm P.I.F with the new cone valves through powerband racing, but would almost like a set...
313 wrote:
I got to ride the aer48. They were much better than I expected. Very good for stock forks. I would give 7 out of 10. I...
I got to ride the aer48. They were much better than I expected. Very good for stock forks. I would give 7 out of 10. I expect the cone valves to be 10 out of 10 Smile Im running kyb a-kit suspension at the moment and Im really happy with it.. but I hope the wp stuff is even better Smile
How do you compare the AER48 to your
KYB A-kit? If you had to buy forks again, which would it be?
2/8/2016 7:03am
I rode AER at the ktm demoday.. first impression was good. With so little time on the bike I cant say nothing more than these forks felt good at sandy track. Im getting EU 350sx-f very soon, then I can say little more about these forks.
Im really happy with my KYB A-kit. I think you cant compare A-kit with stock suspension. Even if stock is good, A -kit is premium.
Tanel Leok #40 is riding Italian championship with stock 450sx-f.. he is 7th at the moment. So the suspension must be decent to run MXGP speed with stock suspension Smile

Post a reply to: 2016 WP A-Kit Cone Valve 48 Forks - New Design

The Latest