2016 KTM450SXF Recall

Related:
Create New Tag

1/7/2016 2:28 PM

Guys,
M. I know about the recall on the front wheel for certain 2016 KTM450SXF's. But.....what do you all know about the recall on the fuel line? Have you been able to get the parts and replace the line yourself? My dealer is saying I have to bring the bike in for the change and it seems like a huge hassle for a fuel line. Anyone have this done already?

Thanks

|

1/7/2016 2:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/7/2016 2:43 PM

this was a while back, you just found out? It's not for all bikes, just a few and not a big deal. Take it in and they replace the fuel line. Sure, its a pain to take it in but how else are they going to do it? They cant just hand people fuel lines and send them home. Imagine what shit show that would start.

|

1/7/2016 4:37 PM

Yes.....I just found out. That's why I asked. Sending me a new fuel line would not start a shit show.

|

1/7/2016 8:10 PM

The fuel line issues were only on the EURO models. I contacted KTM USA when I saw the news, in October I think, and they confirmed the US version wasn't affected.

|

1/7/2016 8:27 PM

The US models are definitely affected. Contact your local dealer or call KTM USA. There is a recall and it does affect our bikes. My dealer wants me to bring the bike in but she's in pieces getting all churched up right now. This is one of those things that just bugs the crap out of me until it's fixed.

|

1/8/2016 7:49 AM

Moto520 wrote:

The US models are definitely affected. Contact your local dealer or call KTM USA. There is a recall and it does affect our ...more

If it's that much trouble, buy a replacement online and have it sent to you,
How much can that cost?

|

www.alljackedupinc.com home of the Switch Hauler®

1/8/2016 8:18 AM

Toolmaker.....that's what i'm going to do. Not very expensive.

|