2012 Ktm 450 FE Rear brake problem

Holker10
Edited Date/Time 7/9/2012 1:12pm
The other day i was riding a short and tight sand track and lost my rear brake. I thought maybe it got hot and boiled the fluid. So i went home drained all the fluid out and refilled with dot 4 brake fluid. Bled the system. The rear brake worked initially but the rear brake pedal blows through the stroke after holding it down for a second (looses all pressure). I have bled and bled the system. Looking over things there is no fluid leaks that i can see. I took the screw out tonight right below the sight glass and it is a screw/pin thing. The last 3/8" had a slight bend in it. I straightened it with a hammer on my vise. re-installed and bled the system again. Same thing as before works when you pump them, but if you need constant braking you loose everything.... Please Help
|
Holker10
7/8/2012 6:49pm
Makes sense. I looked it up on a fische (ktmparts.com) and it doesnt even show my year and model number coming a part to replace seals. Other years it does, I took it apart, Just need to get new seals now! They want $210 for the complete master cylinder.

Post a reply to: 2012 Ktm 450 FE Rear brake problem

The Latest