2010 YZ250f throttle becomes locked! Help!

Edited Date/Time 4/7/2015 1:35pm
Hey everyone, a good friend of mine has a problem with his 2010 YZ250f. His throttle seems to lock/get stuck around half throttle, on with the bike on the stand you can twist the throttle 10 times and 1 in 10 times it will lock. It almost feels like something in the carb is becoming jammed leaving the throttle stuck open. We took off the throttle tube, and both cables and they all work freely and are in good shape. So its not the cables. We removed the small cover on the right side of the carb which reveals the "wheel" type thing where the two throttle cables connect to. We removed the cables from there and moved that wheel/pulley until we could feel the locking/seizing that was causing the problem, and sure enough the wheel/pulley locked on just opening and closing it. This was about as far as we got with getting into the carb. Has anyone else had this problem?? We are going to be removing the full carb and seeing what could be wrong, but I was hoping someone else might have had the same problem and be able to direct us in the right direction.

Please Help!

Thanks you
|
Factor E
4/6/2015 4:50pm
Does it have the o ring mod done to the accelerator rod or safety wired? If so take it off. Or the wheel is not located properly.
FGR01
Fantasy
1327th
4/6/2015 9:25pm
When you take it apart you will see how the wheel moves a lifter arm that lifts the slide up. Something in this mechanism or the slide itself could be jammed, dirty, or worn out. The slide itself has roller wheels on the side and a floating plate on the front. Any of this could be sticking.
4/7/2015 1:35pm
Great thanks everyone! I don't believe it has O ring mod done. I have not yet had the chance to take it apart but now I have an idea of what could be happening, thanks!

Post a reply to: 2010 YZ250f throttle becomes locked! Help!

The Latest