2007 CR 250 - The build begins! The build is FINISHED!

newmann
1/3/2013 7:46am
Didn't realize the clutch cover was an o ring design. Might not need any there. Surely wouldn't use anything that would be difficult to remove. Just don't overtighten and keep an eye on it for any leaks. Your ignition doesn't hold oil like the 4 stroke so you are probably good on that side.
MOTO120
1/3/2013 7:52am
newmann wrote:
Didn't realize the clutch cover was an o ring design. Might not need any there. Surely wouldn't use anything that would be difficult to remove. Just...
Didn't realize the clutch cover was an o ring design. Might not need any there. Surely wouldn't use anything that would be difficult to remove. Just don't overtighten and keep an eye on it for any leaks. Your ignition doesn't hold oil like the 4 stroke so you are probably good on that side.
Ignition side....DUH! Shows how long it's been since I've owned a 2-stroke haha
1/3/2013 7:53am
I would reccommend using 3 Bond #4 (same as Yamaha bond #4) its the same thin sealer Yamaha uses on their main cases without gaskets, and it is very easy to remove.
MOTO120
1/12/2013 6:45am
Sorry for not having too much to post on here lately, just been waiting to gather everything up prior to actual build beginning. Below are a couple pics I thought I would share.

Bigger radiators with the Ti bolt/drilled washer combo

An order of OEM parts including washer, O-rings, louvers, air box, air boot, power valve cables, etc.

Something I always dreamed about and never thought I'd own once I first saw them at my local Supercross race back in the (I'm guessing) early 2000's. I actually bought these off Eleven 10 Mods and they were Alex Martin's old wheels...kinda cool.

Hopefully the motor and suspension are within a week or two of arriving then the fun part begins Smile

The Shop

MOTO120
1/12/2013 11:26am
I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but the aluminum washer/spacers that are in the radiators seemed to be too long? When I first purchased the bike I noticed the radiators (stock radiators so I know it's not just these aftermarket one) were very loose, so prior to taking them off the bike and just checked to see if the bolts were tight....they were tightened very hard yet the radiator was still pretty wobbly. I got to fiddling around today and noticed that the washer/spacer was bottoming out again the mount on the frame (if that makes sense). Anyways, just thought I'd post a few pics of what I did...just filed them down a bit and wa-la

Did some work

New ground down one on the left and stock one on the right

Mounted up successfully
motofab36
1/12/2013 4:07pm
Those wheels are sikkk! oh and I like the sneaky shout out to Service Honda with that invoice. lol
1/13/2013 8:30pm
great build up mate, look forward to seeing the finishing touches
captmoto
1/13/2013 10:08pm
What brand are the radiators?
MOTO120
1/14/2013 5:18am
captmoto wrote:
What brand are the radiators?
Rads are GPI off eBay...$85 and free shipping . I have owned 3 sets of these radiators over the past several years and can't complain one bit about build quality or performance.
IceMan446
1/17/2013 9:03am
Pretty cool you could buy the wheel setups off of Eleven10.

And thats a trick rad cap. Did you get the bigger radiators off of ebay?
IceMan446
1/17/2013 9:05am
Never mind on where you got the radiators, I read the reply above mine.
MOTO120
1/17/2013 5:15pm
Just a couple more pictures. Hope to be able to install some of these parts this weekend.

LoudMouth Intake System with a new OEM airbox and boot....can't wait to try this thing, have read TONS of positive reviews on it!

An order of misc. parts from BTO Sports...including sliders and rollers, throttle and clutch cables, sprockets, chain, exhaust collar, rear linkage bearings, etc.
motofab36
1/17/2013 7:58pm
The TM Designworks stuff is awesome. The TM rear chain guide is a must have for any kawi owner.
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1117th
1/29/2013 8:02am
Btw- the aftermarket chain forward chain sliders are really noisy, particularly with a paddle tire. The first time I ran a paddle on my 03, anyone within 75 feet thought the crank was going to blow out the bottom end of the bike while I was putting around in 1-2 gear. Once on the throttle and in higher gears it sounds normal.
MOTO120
2/2/2013 11:39am
Things have been pretty slow the last couple weeks....waiting to get motor and suspension back. Just got the suspension back from Pro Circuit a couple days ago and was able to do a little work.

Un-laced the wheels, just thought I'd show a better pic of the hubs. If anyone is interested, I am selling the black Excel A60 rims and the Excel spoke kit that goes with them...PM me if interested

Suspension arrived from PC and looked good! New springs, oil, seals, valving, re-anodized several pieces, etc.

Got the TM Designworks slider installed with the Lightspeed holder...with Ti bolts of course haha

Got the Lightspeed lower fork guards installed

PC Clamps with ODI bars

Current status:

Hopefully in the coming week or two I will get the motor back and really be able to start making this thing look like a motorcycle again. Thanks for looking...will post more pics as I am able to assemble more.
JW381
2/3/2013 6:19am
Damn, that's coming along so good..

Can you tell me a little more about the Loud Mouth intake set up? What exactly it is, and what it does?
motofab36
2/3/2013 7:29am
JW381 wrote:
Damn, that's coming along so good.. Can you tell me a little more about the Loud Mouth intake set up? What exactly it is, and what...

Can you tell me a little more about the Loud Mouth intake set up? What exactly it is, and what it does?
JW381
2/3/2013 7:39am
JW381 wrote:
Damn, that's coming along so good.. Can you tell me a little more about the Loud Mouth intake set up? What exactly it is, and what...

motofab36 wrote:
Thanks, I know google is easy enough, I was just sorta lookin for a user review too. Sounds like a good investment, I'll have to see how much money I'm gonna be dropping elsewhere.
MOTO120
2/3/2013 10:29am
JW381 wrote:

Thanks for the compliment...hope it turns out well Smile ! I will most certainly post reviews of the LoudMouth system once I am able to spend some time on the bike and some time changing/cleaning filters.

Thanks
mxb2
2/3/2013 10:32am
JW381 wrote:

MOTO120 wrote:
Thanks for the compliment...hope it turns out well :)! I will most certainly post reviews of the LoudMouth system once I am able to spend some...
Thanks for the compliment...hope it turns out well Smile ! I will most certainly post reviews of the LoudMouth system once I am able to spend some time on the bike and some time changing/cleaning filters.

Thanks
Is that a A kit?
mxb2
2/3/2013 10:33am
IceMan446 wrote:
Pretty cool you could buy the wheel setups off of Eleven10. And thats a trick rad cap. Did you get the bigger radiators off of ebay...
Pretty cool you could buy the wheel setups off of Eleven10.

And thats a trick rad cap. Did you get the bigger radiators off of ebay?
You can buy most anything from 11/10 mods parts ,bikes etc. If you have the money , they will sell anything.
MOTO120
2/3/2013 10:59am
JW381 wrote:

MOTO120 wrote:
Thanks for the compliment...hope it turns out well :)! I will most certainly post reviews of the LoudMouth system once I am able to spend some...

Thanks
mxb2 wrote:
Is that a A kit?
Yessir Smile
mxb2
2/3/2013 11:02am
sik. You buy it new or used.
2/3/2013 6:28pm
MOTO120 you're my superhero.

Giving me so many ideas for when i rebuild my bike and try to pull off at least half the restoration you are!

T.i bolts on everythang! Lol

Keep it up man. We love the pics. I actually bookmarked this thread on my laptop so i can keep up with the build.

It's looking absolutely nasty so far man. That bike is going to rip.

(: BRAP
MOTO120
2/4/2013 7:06am
MOTO120 you're my superhero. Giving me so many ideas for when i rebuild my bike and try to pull off at least half the restoration you...
MOTO120 you're my superhero.

Giving me so many ideas for when i rebuild my bike and try to pull off at least half the restoration you are!

T.i bolts on everythang! Lol

Keep it up man. We love the pics. I actually bookmarked this thread on my laptop so i can keep up with the build.

It's looking absolutely nasty so far man. That bike is going to rip.

(: BRAP
Thanks for the comments...hopefully it doesn't disappoint when it's finished Wink
MOTO120
2/4/2013 7:18am
Had some bracing added to the new radiators:

Grizz
2/5/2013 5:17am
I really hope this thing rides as good as it's going to look! I can't wait to see it finished. Bookmarking this thread for sure. When I graduate from college I am for sure going to buy "old" two strokes and revive them. But for now I will just enjoy watching others do it. Good luck man!

Post a reply to: 2007 CR 250 - The build begins! The build is FINISHED!

The Latest