2005 Cr 250 build **complete**

kxman
9/6/2017 3:35am
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/08/19/210726/s1200_IMG_2343.jpg[/img] Ti :P so beautiful I've used it around the controls, clutch perch, front brake master cyclinder ect... sexy stuff hopefully later on down the track...

Ti Tongue so beautiful I've used it around the controls, clutch perch, front brake master cyclinder ect... sexy stuff hopefully later on down the track I can fill her with more just trying to finish the bike at the moment so will have to wait

You can also see the filler cap I coated in cerakote

Got a bit done over the last couple of months in between the birth of my first born.. pumped on being a moto dad haha but anyways.

Tossed out the stock skinny pegs (that where fucked anyways) for a set of 2016 crf oem pegs, purchased off a fellow vital member

Hi im in oz where did hou get your ceracote from. Im looking at giving it a crack
9/6/2017 8:35pm
kxman wrote:
Hi im in oz where did hou get your ceracote from. Im looking at giving it a crack

Slr coatings mate
Search them up on google mate
3rdgearpinned
9/9/2017 8:49pm
Outstanding! Kept up with it all the way thru. Are you planning on racing it or do you race? I'm just life long rider that likes do this same thing. Cheers!

The Shop

Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1006th
9/9/2017 11:00pm
Well that was a lot of fun Pretty well finished my build for now, just need to bleed the brakes and rip this thing. I'm looking...
Well that was a lot of fun

Pretty well finished my build for now, just need to bleed the brakes and rip this thing. I'm looking forward to the next build (94 cr250)

Will get some better photos done but here she is... enjoy and thanks for following my build journey

Perhaps......one of the best looking cr250's I have ever seen....
H4L
9/10/2017 8:08am
Excellent Build. ! I like the clean oem graphics look.
H4L
9/10/2017 8:19am Edited Date/Time 9/10/2017 8:21am
ledger wrote:
Congrats on a healthy newborn ;) . and a very good looking bike. Eric Gorr did the motor on my 06 CR and turned it into...
Congrats on a healthy newborn Wink . and a very good looking bike. Eric Gorr did the motor on my 06 CR and turned it into a mid-range powerhouse, I personally think the last generation CR's are the best handling bike's once the suspension is dialed in. The CRF front fender is a good look also, guess I'll be placing an order.
Agree. Been riding mx for 4 decades & have yet to ride on a better chassis, suspension & engine combo than the 02-07 3rd gen AF CR250r..

No disrespect to EG, but I've ridden 250 2t's tuned from other tuners that would have given that engine a broader powerband. The case reed engine has a better hop up potential due to the engine design over the more traditional cyl / reed induction fed design.
ledger
9/10/2017 4:42pm
H4L wrote:
Agree. Been riding mx for 4 decades & have yet to ride on a better chassis, suspension & engine combo than the 02-07 3rd gen AF...
Agree. Been riding mx for 4 decades & have yet to ride on a better chassis, suspension & engine combo than the 02-07 3rd gen AF CR250r..

No disrespect to EG, but I've ridden 250 2t's tuned from other tuners that would have given that engine a broader powerband. The case reed engine has a better hop up potential due to the engine design over the more traditional cyl / reed induction fed design.
If you can give me a name of a tuner that can make the bike more linear I would appreciate it. Honestly, the bike now is too strong in the mid range and wears me out quick, lol, but it's a fact. No disrespect to Gore from me also, But I think there was changes to EG's operation a few year's back, and possibly customer's order's are Not being done by EG....from what I've read.
3rdgearpinned
9/10/2017 4:52pm
H4L wrote:
Agree. Been riding mx for 4 decades & have yet to ride on a better chassis, suspension & engine combo than the 02-07 3rd gen AF...

ledger wrote:
If you can give me a name of a tuner that can make the bike more linear I would appreciate it. Honestly, the bike now is...
If you can give me a name of a tuner that can make the bike more linear I would appreciate it. Honestly, the bike now is too strong in the mid range and wears me out quick, lol, but it's a fact. No disrespect to Gore from me also, But I think there was changes to EG's operation a few year's back, and possibly customer's order's are Not being done by EG....from what I've read.
have you tried a heavier flywheel or a rekluse exp. 3.0 Core to help?
H4L
9/10/2017 6:13pm
ledger wrote:
If you can give me a name of a tuner that can make the bike more linear I would appreciate it. Honestly, the bike now is...
Terry Varner, Watts Perfections & PC to name a few.
They're all reputable tuners & have good feedback on social media. I'm running a PC cyl. mod with a head cut for higher octane on an 03 that has a very strong broad power band.
I also know a guy running an 06 engine done by Chad Watts that also has a very strong broad powerband.
I found a Doma to be a very good pipe to run that will provide a linear feel. It has a good transition from low-mid in comparison to the others. The HGS pipe is suppose to be very similar in performance.
ledger
9/10/2017 6:20pm
have you tried a heavier flywheel or a rekluse exp. 3.0 Core to help?
Yup, Been running a 10oz Fww but I think maybe a 9oz or 8 may be a better choice. Never tried a Rekluse, what would the benefits be ?
ledger
9/12/2017 10:18am
H4L wrote:
Terry Varner, Watts Perfections & PC to name a few. They're all reputable tuners & have good feedback on social media. I'm running a PC cyl...
Terry Varner, Watts Perfections & PC to name a few.
They're all reputable tuners & have good feedback on social media. I'm running a PC cyl. mod with a head cut for higher octane on an 03 that has a very strong broad power band.
I also know a guy running an 06 engine done by Chad Watts that also has a very strong broad powerband.
I found a Doma to be a very good pipe to run that will provide a linear feel. It has a good transition from low-mid in comparison to the others. The HGS pipe is suppose to be very similar in performance.
I think I'll give Varner a go, it's time for a tear down anyway. Thanks H4L, much appreciated. To OP....Please post your finished bike in the Kick Ass Two Stroke section, it definitely deserves to be there.
H4L
9/12/2017 7:04pm
ledger wrote:
I think I'll give Varner a go, it's time for a tear down anyway. Thanks H4L, much appreciated. To OP....Please post your finished bike in the...
I think I'll give Varner a go, it's time for a tear down anyway. Thanks H4L, much appreciated. To OP....Please post your finished bike in the Kick Ass Two Stroke section, it definitely deserves to be there.
Good choice I don't think you can go wrong with any of the 3 tuners mentioned. Black Diamond (vital member) did a build thread on an 03 CR2 & had Varner mod the engine. The bike sounds really good in a few vids he posted.
bestmx
10/3/2017 12:32pm
Love this!

Post a reply to: 2005 Cr 250 build **complete**

The Latest