09 KTM suspension

KVDT
Edited Date/Time 3/31/2016 11:15pm
I have a 09 125SX that I would like to get revalved. Any suggestions? Perhaps I should just get springs for my size? I can rebuild forks with no problem, should I look ok at doing a Race Tech set up myself or just send it out to a pro?

I'm riding the 40+ class. I have been off of bikes for 10 years but was a mid pack B rider. What do you suggest?
|
YZed250
3/15/2016 12:43pm
KVDT wrote:
I have a 09 125SX that I would like to get revalved. Any suggestions? Perhaps I should just get springs for my size? I can rebuild...
I have a 09 125SX that I would like to get revalved. Any suggestions? Perhaps I should just get springs for my size? I can rebuild forks with no problem, should I look ok at doing a Race Tech set up myself or just send it out to a pro?

I'm riding the 40+ class. I have been off of bikes for 10 years but was a mid pack B rider. What do you suggest?
Use someone local. Use someone that is well-represented at your local tracks and/or regional races.
That was Factory Connection for me. I'm really happy w my 2011 250SX PDS shock and 48 mm forks.
They recommended 120 mm of sag on the shock, and I found that closer to 110mm worked best for me (A 30+ vet)
bond722
3/16/2016 7:11pm
I'm interested as well. I've had a highly reccomended local guy do mine that was mostly woods based but a highly reccomended ktm guy. I've had a guy put race tech stuff in it, which I never rode it. I took it straight from him to my local pro-action guy.(long story on that one).

So far, the pro-action stuff has been the best suspension on my 09 250sx I've ridden on it. But there's still a lot more to be desired. Pro-action doesn't even make a piston for the rear shock so they are just the stock Pistons, with the stack changed up.

I'm extremely tempted to put the race tech stuff back in, which is not very hard for me, just to see how it rides in comparison. I'm really considering sending it to KTMworld in GA and having them do their "works" package to it. But factory connection also just opened shop here in fla and I'm extremely happy with what they did to my Honda 250f. I'm interested in feedback from the ktm guys
bond722
3/31/2016 8:47pm
Bump. Any other opinions on tuners? Have also considered enduro engineering aswell.

Post a reply to: 09 KTM suspension

The Latest