07 RM 250 hubs

Gary105
Edited Date/Time 11/29/2015 6:25pm
What is out there for aftermarket hubs for an 07 RM 250. Did not seem to find much except OEM. Will any other year fit??? Also rims??? Good, bad.. What to avoid.

|
b8res
11/25/2015 12:47pm
I'm in the same boat...cracked rear rim...need a Excel Yellow hoop...

Give Troy at TCR Wheel Lacing a call...he may have some TCR hubs for the RM. Or he can mill down the OEM, and coat them in what ever color he has....

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
11/25/2015 1:39pm
You might find a full wheel set for it from Tusk/RMATVMC
mxb2
11/25/2015 1:50pm
Gary105 wrote:
What is out there for aftermarket hubs for an 07 RM 250. Did not seem to find much except OEM. Will any other year fit??? Also...
What is out there for aftermarket hubs for an 07 RM 250. Did not seem to find much except OEM. Will any other year fit??? Also rims??? Good, bad.. What to avoid.

Call keith at ksr wheels, great guy , prices. Tell him Billy sent ya.
Trav138
11/25/2015 3:21pm Edited Date/Time 11/25/2015 3:52pm
i just got this beauty for my 08 RM from RAD. It's their Signature hub, a great hub and rim combo at a fair price

The Shop

Gary105
11/25/2015 4:26pm
Trav138 wrote:
i just got this beauty for my 08 RM from RAD. It's their Signature hub, a great hub and rim combo at a fair price [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/11/25/112533/s1200_image.jpg[/img]
i just got this beauty for my 08 RM from RAD. It's their Signature hub, a great hub and rim combo at a fair price

That looks sweeeeet... That is what i am looking for. Yellow rims with a nice clean looking hub for both the front and back is what i am looking for. Thanks for the options guys.
NorcalVet
11/25/2015 6:36pm
b8res wrote:
I'm in the same boat...cracked rear rim...need a Excel Yellow hoop... Give Troy at TCR Wheel Lacing a call...he may have some TCR hubs for the...

Give Troy at TCR Wheel Lacing a call...he may have some TCR hubs for the RM. Or he can mill down the OEM, and coat them in what ever color he has....

Another vote for Troy (@ TCR).... great products & service @ very good pricing.
also a club sponsor Smile

Any rmz 450 hoop will work. I had few old spare hoops from my '05 RMZ 450 and he broke my wheel down, re-laced in an hr or less while I ran down to the local DMV.

I would go for the turned down hubs and hard anodized look. Thats my plans for next season anyways. He also has his own hubs I believe, he used to do the hubs for the Geico bikes & Team Honda no to long ago I believe

@ 375s.... you going to the FREEEEE ride day @ Oatfield on the 12th. So i can bang some 2 strokes w/ you guys !!!
Brapppp Maybe I can get 77s out of retirement to come down

ps: you have to try my new os rotor from rm/atv.... almost free w/ their gas cards Wink
Jmcd1988
11/25/2015 8:38pm
I couldn't find much for my dads 02 rm125. So I turned down the hubs by hand

b8res
11/25/2015 10:08pm
b8res wrote:
I'm in the same boat...cracked rear rim...need a Excel Yellow hoop... Give Troy at TCR Wheel Lacing a call...he may have some TCR hubs for the...

NorcalVet wrote:
Another vote for Troy (@ TCR).... great products & service @ very good pricing. also a club sponsor :) Any rmz 450 hoop will work. I...
Another vote for Troy (@ TCR).... great products & service @ very good pricing.
also a club sponsor Smile

Any rmz 450 hoop will work. I had few old spare hoops from my '05 RMZ 450 and he broke my wheel down, re-laced in an hr or less while I ran down to the local DMV.

I would go for the turned down hubs and hard anodized look. Thats my plans for next season anyways. He also has his own hubs I believe, he used to do the hubs for the Geico bikes & Team Honda no to long ago I believe

@ 375s.... you going to the FREEEEE ride day @ Oatfield on the 12th. So i can bang some 2 strokes w/ you guys !!!
Brapppp Maybe I can get 77s out of retirement to come down

ps: you have to try my new os rotor from rm/atv.... almost free w/ their gas cards Wink
@36s....no I'm out for the OTHG ride day.....check you pm @SOTHG!

I will see you on the gate next year in the 52's!!
Motofinne
11/26/2015 3:22am Edited Date/Time 11/26/2015 3:24am
I got SM pro rims and Haan hubs with Bulldog spokes for my RM 250. Talon should also have hubs for the RM 250.
YZ125H1
11/26/2015 3:55am
b8res wrote:

Nice graphics, I just had Chad do the same kit up for me except with Bridgestone and Maxima logos. Only thing I don't have is yellow excels. I'm thinking it will still look cool with silver rims tho.
Slosh 112
11/27/2015 12:23am
Jmcd1988 wrote:
I couldn't find much for my dads 02 rm125. So I turned down the hubs by hand [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/11/25/112571/s1200_image.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/11/25/112572/s1200_image.jpg[/img]
I couldn't find much for my dads 02 rm125. So I turned down the hubs by hand

they came up unreal! turned down by hand? like on a lathe? or?
RussB
Fantasy
1164th
11/27/2015 1:05am Edited Date/Time 11/27/2015 1:06am

I have a wheel set with Talon hubs (billet aluminium) and Excell rims. The hubs are good quality and solid, but are noticeably heavier than stock so if weight is a concern you may want to avoid them.
Pretty sure Talon make the carbon hubs for the RM which are much lighter.
Rims wise I've only ever used Excel and have had no issues to date
YZ125H1
11/27/2015 5:16am
mxpilot43 wrote:
ncvet sir where did u score the frame guards.
They are lightspeed carbon. Almost every site I have searched for them they are sold out for RM250. I sent them an email asking if they still have them in stock for purchase from them. With the WC Black Friday deal I may just pull the trigger on those cause I also need WC rad braces.
11/27/2015 6:33am
b8res wrote:

What brand of carbon fiber fork guards are those? Lightspeed? Did they fit well?
NorcalVet
11/27/2015 1:49pm
mxpilot43 wrote:
ncvet sir where did u score the frame guards.
YZ125H1 wrote:
They are lightspeed carbon. Almost every site I have searched for them they are sold out for RM250. I sent them an email asking if they...
They are lightspeed carbon. Almost every site I have searched for them they are sold out for RM250. I sent them an email asking if they still have them in stock for purchase from them. With the WC Black Friday deal I may just pull the trigger on those cause I also need WC rad braces.
I just ended up calling lightspeed direct and got them in one day
-- tried for two weeks working other websites to try and save $10 and maybe shipping

Also the fork guards are lightspeed
- they just slip right on, added a Showa sticker for a Ltl color

I also run a small strip above each frame guard of grip tape
b8res
11/27/2015 5:51pm
b8res wrote:

What brand of carbon fiber fork guards are those? Lightspeed? Did they fit well?
Litespeed as well. Yes they fit really well, kinda dinged up from roost......better the guard than the fork tubes. Like $49.00 direct from Litespeed.

Rim Lock
11/28/2015 9:54pm

Thought I'd share my 06' baby in this love for RM's.

Love all of the posts.
mxb2
11/29/2015 6:08am
b8res wrote:

Zeta, moose make the upper fork guards also in cf, cheaper, better customer service, lightspeed stuff always outa stock., put a showa or kyb sticker on them , good to go.
barkhard696
11/29/2015 7:42am
>lightspeed stuff always outa stock.

I've spoken to Lightspeed. They only produce the lower fork guards in batches, and since the fork guards don't sell well, they don't make the batches very often. He said maybe sometime after the first week in Dec. Just go with black plastic Acerbis, it was good enough for the team. That's what I have on my bike.

>The hubs are good quality and solid, but are noticeably heavier than stock so if weight is a concern you may want to avoid them.

Yep, 100%. No such thing as billet hubs that are going to be lighter than stock. Stock are cast, fit properly and are made for that bike. All the billet hubs are just generic with bearings and spacers to "fit" (usually not all that well) your bike. I have RADs on my bike but when I get around to saving weight this is one of the things that will come off.

Turn down the hubs and have them anodized or colored, this is the cheapest and best performing.

>I couldn't find much for my dads 02 rm125. So I turned down the hubs by hand

^^^THIS

>I'm in the same boat...cracked rear rim...need a Excel Yellow hoop...

I believe RAD or TCR will anodize natural finish Excels to yellow. I can't remember which. They used to advertise this but I think they must have gotten into some kind of copyright thing with Excel so they removed it from their website.

My rims are team issue but that was so long ago I can't remember what happened to the guy I goth them from.

11/29/2015 8:18am
b8res wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
Zeta, moose make the upper fork guards also in cf, cheaper, better customer service, lightspeed stuff always outa stock., put a showa or kyb sticker on...
Zeta, moose make the upper fork guards also in cf, cheaper, better customer service, lightspeed stuff always outa stock., put a showa or kyb sticker on them , good to go.
Zeta doesn't make the upper fork wraps for an rm 125. Moose racing quality pretty good?
mxb2
11/29/2015 11:01am Edited Date/Time 11/29/2015 11:03am
mxb2 wrote:
Zeta, moose make the upper fork guards also in cf, cheaper, better customer service, lightspeed stuff always outa stock., put a showa or kyb sticker on...
Zeta doesn't make the upper fork wraps for an rm 125. Moose racing quality pretty good?
Zeta makes big bike, small bike guards, they will fit , i have a hookup at zets if u need, supplier is 10 mins from me, i have. A new set i ll sell $45 shipped , in usa, yes, the moose is good., If you order the big bike ones. They will fit, check this site Wheeling cycle supply, contact forest, he s the boss, tell him billy sent ya.
11/29/2015 6:14pm
mxb2 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Zeta makes big bike, small bike guards, they will fit , i have a hookup at zets if u need, supplier is 10 mins from me...
Zeta makes big bike, small bike guards, they will fit , i have a hookup at zets if u need, supplier is 10 mins from me, i have. A new set i ll sell $45 shipped , in usa, yes, the moose is good., If you order the big bike ones. They will fit, check this site Wheeling cycle supply, contact forest, he s the boss, tell him billy sent ya.
I'll have to hit you up on thay in a little while
mxb2
11/29/2015 6:25pm
Roger that

Post a reply to: 07 RM 250 hubs

The Latest