new canon body .... 7d

eddie
8/31/2009 10:35pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 7:39pm
|
72kiteboarder
9/1/2009 4:58pm
Looks like this will be my next up-grade.
JohnyB
9/1/2009 7:06pm
Nice!
eddie
9/1/2009 11:59pm
ya it looks great on paper ..... but i will wait and see how it's focus works and its high iso capabilities look , once a few people have tested the shit out of it . the 1dIII looked great on paper too , and we know how that one worked out ...
47RicePhoto
9/8/2009 4:59pm
you know what I dont understand, why do they get rid of auto settings like sport or portrait but they keep the pop up flash? If your good enough to using M Av Tv P than you should have a flash rather than a pop up. All in all it looks like a solid body.

The Shop

eddie
9/8/2009 5:47pm
i think ... could be wrong ... the pop up flash has something to do with being able to trigger an off cam flash . i havent checked it out in detail but i read a thread on a forum talking about it .
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4133rd
9/9/2009 11:42am
How did the Mark III work out? You have one?
eddie
9/9/2009 3:30pm
How did the Mark III work out? You have one?
no i dont have one .... i passed on it . how did it work out ? is this a serious question ?

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=7-8740-9068

Q. What are the camera's autofocus problems?

It has four, all of which are related to the camera's autofocus performance:
Under certain conditions, the EOS-1D Mark III has difficulty acquiring focus initially. In a multi-frame burst, the camera will sometimes shoot three to five frames before a moving subject comes into focus, and occasionally a moving subject will not actually snap into focus before the burst is completed.

Under certain conditions, the camera is unable to properly track a moving subject. We've shot numerous sequences of 20+ frames where no more than five or six frames are in focus, even when the AF point has been on the subject throughout.

Focus can shift slightly but constantly at times when the subject isn't moving. Under certain conditions, the subject may not actually come into focus through a sequence of frames, even though the point of focus can be seen to be shifting throughout the sequence. This is true whether the camera is set to AI Servo and focus is active throughout the sequence, or when it's set to One Shot and focus is activated between each frame.

When tracking a subject that's moving somewhat erratically, the camera is far too quick to shift focus elsewhere - to the background or, with a field sport like soccer, to a player passing through in the foreground. With the first three problems, autofocus settings changes don't make things better or worse. With this problem, Custom Function III-2, AI Servo Tracking Sensitivity, does have an impact. But regardless of how this Custom Function is set, it's not possible to make the camera's tracking sensitivity be right. There's more on this ahead in the article.
Q. You say the camera's autofocus difficulties occur or are worse "under certain conditions" - what does that mean?

It means that when the light is especially bright and the temperature is warm, the camera's autofocus performance drops like a stone. Yes, you read that correctly. On sunny, warm, beautiful days - the sort of conditions in which autofocus usually thrives - the EOS-1D Mark III's ability to make in-focus pictures of still or moving subjects is greatly reduced.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4133rd
9/9/2009 6:36pm
Galbraith likes the 7D AF less. The MkIII is still the primary front line sports shooter rig.

I've had zero AF issues with mine, as have most owners, especially after the retrofit to the mirror box. That's how that one worked out.
eddie
9/9/2009 9:51pm
" especially after the retrofit to the mirror box"

lol ! ok , after three years and umpteen updates and retrofits ... canon has their flagship up and running to an acceptable level . thats awesome .

the mark2n is still a better camera . except for those who have to have the newest latest and greatest gizmo and will defend it to the bitter end no matter what . btw ... a lot of guys have abandoned canon for nikon because of the mark3's problems ... thats just a fact .
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4133rd
9/10/2009 7:21am
You have the N? How many guys abandoned Canon? Really, how many? How many came back?

Buying it a year after release in 08 after vetting reviews, as I did, is having to have the latest thing no matter what

The hardware fix came a year after, not three years. Not every body needed it. And Galbraith, whose experience after the fix is at odds with most users, claimed only that the N AF worked better when shooting max rate bursts wide open at 2.8. The IQ and lock on, low light performance, high ISO performance all are indisputably better. So, no, the N is not a better camera, except for those who can't sift information and actually test a rig.

It must be nice to feel like an expert on equipment you don't use and even then can't keep your facts straight.

Nothing bitter about defending a rig that produces images like this:

eddie
9/10/2009 3:50pm
whatever you say fanboy . your camera is the bestest ever !
kardy
9/15/2009 12:53pm
eddie wrote:
whatever you say fanboy . your camera is the bestest ever !
Wow. Good luck with that "brain" of yours.

Post a reply to: new canon body .... 7d

The Latest