kx 120 o 250?

Edited Date/Time 4/15/2020 12:48am
hello I introduce myself my name is agustin

Well first of all I wanted to thank everyone on the forum because they really help a lot when it comes to information. Thank you all for your time and knowledge.
Pilot Features
Height: 1.85 cm
Weight: 80/85 kg

Under these characteristics that I have as a pilot, I have been told that due to the height and weight, I am inclined to 250 kx, and not 125. I put EXAMPLE: TRAVIS PASTRANA with its physical characteristics Height: 1.88 Weight: 88kg. He ran a 125 and was one of the best in that category.
Should I lean towards a 250? Or could 125 also be an option?

I'm starting in the crossover, and for money I can buy a model motorcycle until 2001. I've ridden a 2003 cr 250 for a couple of years in the crossover, to tell the truth, I could never "tighten the engine." or "get juice"
I have been researching and consulting forums. My question is between 125 kx or 250 kx.
KX 250

First we start with the 250 kx. I have been seeing this bike and I have followed forums and comments where it speaks highly of it. In fact, these years 98 to 2001 were very good for Kawasaki, as they were champions BUBA STEWART and CARMICHAEL. I have seen various models from 98 to 2001, ranging from $ 1000 to $ 1600 USD. I understand that the 98-year-old engine is different from the following models, since in the year 99 to 2001 it is different
A) What are the changes to the engine? Which motor runs faster?
Cool What are their differences in chassis and suspensions?
As I said before, I have been "studying" the bicycle and I cannot decipher those differences

KX 125
This model can go me a couple of years more, it could be up to 04. These are approximately the same price as the KX 250 mentioned above. 1200 to 1600 USD I have also studied this bike and seen comments about it.

AFFIRMATIVE POINT Stands out for "STRENGTH" with its Japanese competitors (Honda CR, YAMAHA YZ).

NEGATIVE POINT On both this model and its older sister, the chassis is said to be "UNCOMFORTABLE", where the front pivot is "very low", and on the sides of the chassis, boots tend to lose mobility due to handling . I DON'T KNOW THIS, IF IT IS AS IS OR THE CORRECT MYTH

To end and close this topic, I would appreciate positive and negative comments regarding the motorcycle, driving experiences, mechanics, spare parts, TIPS for "modify to improve" on the motorcycle.

|
Bman_145
4/15/2020 12:48am
There is a lot to unpack in all this info you laid out. First, your size is fine for either bike. Id choose the 125 and learn the skills on it, plus they are a lot of fun to ride.

Now, the years you listed have a model change in 99-02 from the previous design of 94-98. So of course there are going to be differences. But my question is why are you limiting yourself to Kawi's and those years? You said something about strength, but honestly the big 4 are all about the same, though I would stay away from the early years of the CR aluminum frame. Look at the magazine shootout results too. That might help.

Here in the states, all these 2 stroke bikes from mid 90s to 2008ish would run about the same amount depending on condition.

If it was my money, I'd buy a YZ125 that is 06 or newer. The bike is basically the same as the one they are making still, so that means you have more access to parts.

Post a reply to: kx 120 o 250?

The Latest