good in line fuel filter?

Edited Date/Time 1/8/2019 4:42pm
What is the best choice for a good in-line fuel filter? Back in the 70s/80s we used an A.C. item from an auto parts store. I remember one of the magazines testing some and proclaiming the A.C was the one to use. The filters I see today in bike shops and catalogs all seem to be the really cheap small plastic deals that sell for $3.00 and crack and leak after minimal use.
|
maico172
7/20/2018 3:53am
been wondering the same thing...It was Dirt Bike magazine the did the test I believe. I used the AC filter as well but can't find it any more
mxcentral
7/24/2018 1:46pm
AC GF453 For some reason I remember the number from Way back in the day .
7/24/2018 3:25pm
Great recall mxcentral! I went on Amazon and there they are! I’m going to get a couple and I’ll post if they are all I remember them to be. After all it was the 70’s...?
maico172
7/27/2018 4:17am
Great recall mxcentral! I went on Amazon and there they are! I’m going to get a couple and I’ll post if they are all I remember...
Great recall mxcentral! I went on Amazon and there they are! I’m going to get a couple and I’ll post if they are all I remember them to be. After all it was the 70’s...?
Let us know how you like them...

The Shop

1/8/2019 7:45am
Update. So I ordered the A/C part # GF453 from Amazon and it was not the correct filter. It was huge and would not work on a dirt bike of any type (would make a good reserve tank for enduro riders though Wink ). Either the number was wrong or A/C has superseded numbers over the years. After some research I found an OEM Beta 450 filter mfg by Mahle. It's larger, but not too large for the space I have on my Husky CR390. It flows much better than the elcheapo small plastic ones. The i.d. is 5mm, the same as my petcock and 38mm Mikuini gas line spigot. My Cycle Gear sourced plastic filters have a i.d. of 2.2mm. The Beta 450 is fuel injected so I imagine the filter is designed to work well on small particles an other contaminates so it should be more than enough for a carb. The cost is $15.

The other alternative looks to be the trick billet filter from Zip Ty Racing. It comes apart for cleaning and is about $70.

speedman
1/8/2019 4:42pm
Here is the one we remember, from eBay:

Post a reply to: good in line fuel filter?

The Latest