brake pedal after market

Related:
Create New Tag

1/29/2019 8:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/29/2019 8:26 PM

hello friends , i do not know if already some one asked this question before
i have 2004 honda 250 cr i want to replace the oem brake pedal with an aftermarket brand
however currently available are form Hammerhead, torc1, Apico ,moose, racing, as3 performance
they look very similar in design even color wise ,so i ask anyone here in this forum anybody have any experience on how they perform and quality ? your knowledge is appreciated thank you

|

1/30/2019 5:53 AM

You see a lot of that with aftermarket MX parts, especially with forged aluminum odds and ends.

In my experience the stock shifter would be better quality than something that was forged from beer can aluminum and then some 15 odd companies slap their name on it to make a buck.

Especially those with aluminum shift tips, the knurling wears extremely quick over a stock shifter with a steel tip.

Unless you're trying to find something in a different length or with a longer shift tip, I'd just find an NOS stocker.

Just my .02

Good luck!
|

Do It In The Dirt!

1/30/2019 11:06 AM

Zeke27G wrote:
You see a lot of that with aftermarket MX parts, especially with forged aluminum odds and ends.

In my experience the stock shifter would be better quality than something that was forged from beer can aluminum and then some 15 odd companies slap their name on it to make a buck.

Especially those with aluminum shift tips, the knurling wears extremely quick over a stock shifter with a steel tip.

Unless you're trying to find something in a different length or with a longer shift tip, I'd just find an NOS stocker.

Just my .02

Good luck!

Zeke--- I believe the OP was asking about rear BRAKE pedals, not shift levers, but thanks for the inputwhistling

artiza-- FWIW ,I've had a lot of experience with aftermarket brake pedals AND shifters and honestly don't remember any issue with any of them. I've used Hammerhead, Torc1,Moose and a few others without problems. I even mistakenly got one of the chinese brand/ebay type once ,and have been using it for a over a complete season on one of the bikes without a problem. Maybe I'm just lucky because I'm typically pretty hard on equipment.

|