Yamaha JT1 mini enduro

Joe.kersanty
Edited Date/Time 4/28/2021 6:23am
My very first motorcycle was a 1971 Yamaha mini enduro JT1 60. I spent hours on end riding it when I was a wee lad. Eventually something went wrong with the engine and it went by the way side and my parents got me into racing 50’s. All that said after many years and wondering if I would ever find one I decided to start to actively search for one but definitely did not want to pay for what a restored one goes for. After many searches I found 3 this week that were within an hour of my house! One has no wheels but has a complete chassis and engine, story is that it was found laying against a tree in a field. The other two were finds after work today, one is complete, albeit the wrong seat but has good compression and the last is a roller with no tins. All are various stages of rough and I am not entirely sure what I will do with them. Initial plan was to build a wall hanger that resembles the one I had as a kid. We will see but had to share as I never thought I would find one but they are out there!

|
jimmie
4/26/2021 10:02pm
So you purchased all 3 to in hopes of producing one 60?
Good luck and enjoy. I have been there a few times and found it to be very satisfying.
Joe.kersanty
4/27/2021 4:23am
That was the plan. I ended up going through and putting one together that closely resembles the one I had as a kid and put it up on a shelf in the garage. Now I have a mostly complete parts bike and frame left over. For now I am not looking to restore it as some of the parts I would need would make this a pricey endeavor. Totally happy with having a wall hanger!
Rawly
4/27/2021 2:24pm
Let’s see it. Never had one , but remember quite well going to the Yamaha shop and sitting on them when I was a kid.
tmphotoart
Fantasy
1233rd
4/28/2021 12:56am
My first Yamaha too . . . I remember it was heavy to pick-up as a 7 yr old kid.
Out at Saddleback Park running laps on the small track at the back of the park.
Fun on my mini enduro!

The Shop

Joe.kersanty
4/28/2021 6:23am
It’s nothing super special to look at, essentially I just wanted it to represent the one I had as a kid. No attempt
To restore it, maybe some day. And I had a mostly complete extra bike that will probably get sold off so
Someone can use it.

Post a reply to: Yamaha JT1 mini enduro

The Latest