Works Performance

Edited Date/Time 6/16/2020 12:44pm
Anyone have the scoop? Are they shutting down? Selling off? Still making new stuff or just selling off inventory?
|
oldsocalmxr
8/30/2017 10:44am
Just had some dealings with them recently....... never again.Angry
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
9/2/2017 2:17pm
Always had great customer service there, but I walked in so maybe that played a part in my experience
SLOWTIME
9/6/2017 2:30pm
Reese is right. My dad has a pair of piggy back shocks that need a bladder. They were taken to get rebuilt last month. Terrible timing! Pro action has them and it's been a real head ache trying to acquire the part. Anyone have any leads?
oldsocalmxr
9/6/2017 3:04pm
SLOWTIME wrote:
Reese is right. My dad has a pair of piggy back shocks that need a bladder. They were taken to get rebuilt last month. Terrible timing...
Reese is right. My dad has a pair of piggy back shocks that need a bladder. They were taken to get rebuilt last month. Terrible timing! Pro action has them and it's been a real head ache trying to acquire the part. Anyone have any leads?
I sent a pair of piggy back Works shocks in after I was told no problem to rebuild them. The guy essentially told me any shock that Works built, they could rebuild. After a huge debacle, someone that apparently knew what was going on tells me they haven't had bladders for thirty years. So..... after shipping costs, and no reasonable solution, Had Noleen build a pair of piggy backs for my '78 CR250.

The Shop

SLOWTIME
9/6/2017 7:30pm
I sent a pair of piggy back Works shocks in after I was told no problem to rebuild them. The guy essentially told me any shock...
I sent a pair of piggy back Works shocks in after I was told no problem to rebuild them. The guy essentially told me any shock that Works built, they could rebuild. After a huge debacle, someone that apparently knew what was going on tells me they haven't had bladders for thirty years. So..... after shipping costs, and no reasonable solution, Had Noleen build a pair of piggy backs for my '78 CR250.
Thanks for the heads up on Noleen. It's a bummer we might have to replace these Works Perf. Might end up just letting the oil and nitrogen mix in the side where the torn bladder is for now.

Anywho.. the search continues as we still are on the first step of the restore.

79 CR250

oldsocalmxr
9/7/2017 7:14am
Here is a picture of what has to be done to the exhaust so it will clear the shock reservoirs. Stevie has some pics of his bikes with a similar set up.

SLOWTIME
9/7/2017 8:43am
Those look good! Thanks so much for posting about the clearance issue.
oldsocalmxr
9/7/2017 3:46pm
Yeah..... would have been easier. There is a bend in the frame just under the upper mount, and the reservoirs hit it hard....DizzyDizzy
LWC307
7/27/2018 3:07pm Edited Date/Time 7/27/2018 3:09pm
You can get Works shock parts from Race Tech and they also rebuild them. I also heard Works has reopened and is not called 'Worx'

ITC's normally only suit Huskys. Their stroke is too short and bodies too long for many other makes without modifications.

There is a place in UK Called Classic and Vintage Suspension that sells Ohlins made to the correct factory build sheets for red rocket CR's

2/6/2019 2:08pm
I sent a pair of piggy back Works shocks in after I was told no problem to rebuild them. The guy essentially told me any shock...
SLOWTIME wrote:
Thanks for the heads up on Noleen. It's a bummer we might have to replace these Works Perf. Might end up just letting the oil and...
Thanks for the heads up on Noleen. It's a bummer we might have to replace these Works Perf. Might end up just letting the oil and nitrogen mix in the side where the torn bladder is for now.

79 CR250

Do you still have these old shocks on your bike? I would love to buy them if possible. I'm also at.. stevecw@live.ca
SLOWTIME
2/6/2019 3:48pm Edited Date/Time 2/6/2019 3:49pm
long story short,.. we had a one off mold made, and a new bladder was created to replace the torn one. The bike is being raced by my dad and he has no plans on selling right now. ..Quite a bit of $$ wrapped up in the shocks. But thank you for inquiring.
2/7/2019 8:06am Edited Date/Time 2/7/2019 8:07am
I'll first need the shocks but thank you.
Montesa
3/10/2019 8:13am
Just as an update on the Works/Worx situation: I recently called Tim (Gil's son-in-law?) at Worx and inquired about springs for an old pair of Works Perf shocks. He had me measure them - while we were on the phone - told me exactly what they were, said he could provide a new set of the proper spring rate, powdercoated, and shipped to FL for about $80. Four days later they arrived. Been using them ever since. He also quoted me $559 for a new set of Worx shocks for my Montesa VR resto. Haven't pulled the trigger on that one yet!
6/16/2020 12:44pm
SLOWTIME wrote:
Thanks for the heads up on Noleen. It's a bummer we might have to replace these Works Perf. Might end up just letting the oil and...

79 CR250

Do you still have these old shocks on your bike? I would love to buy them if possible. I'm also at.. stevecw@live.ca
Hi Slowtime, I contacted you a couple years ago about your old works performance shocks. You were not sure about them at that time. Would you sell them to me now? I will pay you a decent price for them. I'm at stevecw@live.ca .Thanks, Steve

Post a reply to: Works Performance

The Latest