Will a YZ490 Engine Drop Right In a WR500 Frame?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/5/2018 3:17 AM

Hey all.

New here but after a bit of lurking thought someone here should know whether this works or not.
Might be a stupid question as I don't think they changed the motor at all but...

Thanks in advance.

|

6/5/2018 3:22 AM

dw99 wrote:

Hey all.

New here but after a bit of lurking thought someone here should know whether this works or not.
Might be a stupid ...more

Yep bolt in same old jack hammer motor. Do yourself a favor and put a 465 top end on it

|

6/5/2018 4:15 AM

kxman wrote:

Yep bolt in same old jack hammer motor. Do yourself a favor and put a 465 top end on it

Really? I like my motor but that sounds interesting if I had that kind of money for projects other than the projects that I already don't have money for.

On topix: Du you know if the YZ fmf fatty pipe will bolt right to the WR frame?

|

6/5/2018 5:24 AM

dw99 wrote:

Hey all.

Might be a stupid ...more

kxman wrote:

dw99 wrote:

Really? I like my motor but that sounds interesting if I had that kind of money for projects other than the projects that I ...more

Cant help you with the pipe. It was a mates bike, He read an article on the conversion in a u.s mag it ran better than the 490 and was easier to jet.

|

6/5/2018 5:43 AM

The YZ490 pipe won’t fit a WR500 chassis, from my understanding.

|

6/5/2018 5:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/5/2018 5:44 AM

kxman wrote:

how can you put a 465 top end on it? The frame is a double downtube with a center exhaust port. 465 is a side exhaust port. Lots of frame cutting and welding would have to be done.

|

6/5/2018 6:28 AM

i put a 490 pipe on my wr had to move the front of the tank up about a quarter inch so the pipe wouldnt touch it and cut the stinger wasnt that bad and you can still buy new 490 pipes, i have a dg pipe for a wr that im not using if you do it

|

6/7/2018 1:19 AM

pete24 wrote:

i put a 490 pipe on my wr had to move the front of the tank up about a quarter inch so the pipe wouldnt touch it and cut the ...more

Cool. Thanks man. I'm not sure what I want to do now. Originally I thought I'd just put the WR front end on and then started thinking the whole frame and plastics would be cool but, now that I think about it, probably not much of a return on that investment.
And... the new fmf pipe I ordered showed up today damaged. Grrrr....

|

6/7/2018 1:24 AM

pete24 wrote:

i put a 490 pipe on my wr had to move the front of the tank up about a quarter inch so the pipe wouldnt touch it and cut the ...more

Well, the new fmf I ordered showed up today damaged so, maybe I will. Thanks, man.

|