Who's in for Diamond Dons?

Edited Date/Time 4/15/2018 11:37am
Looks like it's going to be another great event. I'll be there riding the trials Friday (first trials ever) and PVMX on Sunday. Who else is coming?
|
wfoyz250
4/7/2018 4:58pm
Lots of folks from the Texas, Louisiana area. I myself will be riding the "Battle on the Bayou" outlaw 100 events on Sat. and PVmx on Sunday. Closing out the weekend with Sunday evening party band.
oldsocalmxr
4/8/2018 12:43pm
Going to try and make the PVMX Sunday. Haven't ridden in 10 years......should be interesting.Unsure
oldsocalmxr
4/8/2018 1:16pm
BTW......I am bringing a friends KX250A5 with me. It is for sale. He is asking $4200.00 for it. I will be there around mid-day on Saturday, and racing PVMX on Sunday.

The Shop

bigmaico
4/8/2018 5:39pm
I'm a definite maybe! still haven't made up my mind if I want to go or not.

I've been offered 6 different bike to race, having not worked for a year the $$ is real tight.

I not sure that I want to join AHRMA just to race 4 races a year.

I just may show up with a camera or two for some fun.
Superdave19
4/10/2018 11:07am
wfoyz250 wrote:
Lots of folks from the Texas, Louisiana area. I myself will be riding the "Battle on the Bayou" outlaw 100 events on Sat. and PVmx on...
Lots of folks from the Texas, Louisiana area. I myself will be riding the "Battle on the Bayou" outlaw 100 events on Sat. and PVmx on Sunday. Closing out the weekend with Sunday evening party band.
I'd love to go , but gotta work Saturday- Sad
oldsocalmxr
4/11/2018 3:41pm
Looks like the weather might be a bit dodgy on Friday. Hope it doesn't turn in to a swamp........
4/11/2018 5:29pm
Yea, hoping not too bad, but typical for this time of year. Last year we had the same and the track was primo Sat and Sun!
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
4/11/2018 6:07pm Edited Date/Time 4/11/2018 6:09pm

A storm rolled through Friday night last year and the track was quite greasy Saturday morning (photo above) but it wasn’t the end of the world. The only part of the track I really don’t like with mud is the first turn. My first moto last year somebody crashed into me on the start because they underestimated the grease. I’m hoping the weather passes quickly Friday. Good vibrations!
wfopete
4/15/2018 6:22am

DD's continues to get bad weather again this year. The Friday XC event got a little sloppy towards the end from rain but Friday night brought high winds, lighting and rain. Saturday morning at DDs found trees sheared off, EZ Ups in piles and standing water in the infield. The vintage MX practice was just about to start but the place was already packed with no parking room that wasn't flooded. What a mess, hope everyone is ok!
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
4/15/2018 11:37am
Friday night was intense. A severe storm with a possible tornado came through the area. There was lots of damage done but nobody was hurt. There were huge trees down including several on the track which they had to push off the track with a dozer. A tree fell next to our trailer but it went the right way and didn’t land on anybody. A motor home near us had part of a tree fall in it and caved part of the roof in. I couldn’t believe nobody had their rig blown over. The winds were that bad. I took some photos of a couple of the trees on the track but there were more. Photos don’t do the size justice.

First motos were greasy but the track was great by the second motos. I gave my trophy to my 4 year old son who was with me because he was brave during the storm (he was crying wanting to go home when it came through Friday night) and he was so happy. We got home late last night but he woke his brother up this morning showing it to him. Good times as always.

4/16/2018 11:29am
That storm was wild! We rode it out in our rented RV behind the pavilion and it was dicey. I really felt for the people in tents. Some of the folks I spoke to said they just hunkered down, put their helmets on and prayed for the best. The way it sheared the tops of some trees off it looked like a small tornado may have come close to the ground but didn't touch down.
Interestingly the people at one of the concessions along the vendors side of the track said not only did their canopy not blow over but they even had towels hung up on it that didn't blow away. It definitely seems like whatever it was it did more damage to certain parts of the track than others.

Post a reply to: Who's in for Diamond Dons?

The Latest