Who's got some good Hangtown camping stories from the old Plymouth days?

Anonymous (not verified)
Edited Date/Time 6/20/2012 4:23pm
I remember lots of rain....
|
5/19/2012 2:07pm
We never camped out at the track, but the last race at the "REAL" Hangtown I remember the traffic going to the track was bumper to bumper and we drove on the wrong side of the road over half way there, Gary Jones was behind us and the last one going in to the pits once thru the gate he couldn't go any further in and set up his pit right there.
se7enmx
5/19/2012 7:24pm
1975 the gnarly storm that came through. Sleeping in a tent with a stream running through it. When the tent gave up we all piled in the van and tried to get some rest before we had to race on Sunday. 8 guys in a Ford van was not what we planned. Good times. Or mini bike racing through the camps on Saturday night.
drmarkr
5/23/2012 4:57am
We "camped" in the van in the parking lot at Sam's Town.....78 had big rain also. I remember driving down the wrong side of the road to make it in on Sun AM. And getting out that night was just ridiculous....

The Shop

5/23/2012 9:45am
I remember it well..I believe 1975..Hangtown at Plymouth..Camped with Sacto Jammers Got there on Wednesday ...it started raining Thursday.and rained forever....I remember, I lost a sneaker in the mud and never did find it...The racing was fantastic...I remember that Jan Hautermann was wrenching for Danny Turner...Couldn't get D.Ts bike fired before 125 pros, 1st moto...D.T was up on the gate waiting.. Gate dropped as Jan rode the bike to the line as Whole class went thru the 1st turn...Danny came through the pack and almost won....i think Mike Bell won the moto.....Danny Magoo won the 125 expert class on Saturday...It was all GREAT FUN.
rm6days
5/23/2012 4:08pm
I remember that weekend well.
Pretty much lived in the van with the ex that whole weekend.
Good Times!
Nuklear
6/20/2012 4:23pm
DT won the first moto, Fred. On a Bultaco 125! Second moto start sucked a rag into the carb from the air box and DNF'd. Nobody rode the mud like Danny. Ass way, way back and roll the throttle on and keep shifting up. C Ya!

Post a reply to: Who's got some good Hangtown camping stories from the old Plymouth days?

The Latest