White 1980 YZ125 tank?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/15/2018 7:36 PM

Starting a 1980 YZ125 build for next year in white/ red. Looks like all the plastic is available except the tank. Anybody have an extra one they are willing to part with?

|

When in doubt gas it! It may not cure the problem but it will end the suspense!

5/18/2018 8:57 AM

White is a Canada YZ

|

5/18/2018 12:56 PM

That is correct, and the rest of the world too. I believe the US is the only place that got yellow.

|

5/18/2018 1:51 PM

Canada had yellow until like 81

|

5/19/2018 9:28 AM

I saw where someone had used an epoxy kind of a paint on a plastic tank once. It looked really really good. But does that ever work? I wouldn't think that it would and that it would come off because the tank flexes so much.

|

6/6/2018 8:03 PM

My wife’s TT250 had that done and looked really good for a while but then started to bubble up in places

|

6/7/2018 1:09 PM

Everyone in europe wanted yellow like our favourite u.s stars in the magazines. you guys want white.

|

6/7/2018 1:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/7/2018 1:29 PM

I always liked the white preferred to yellow! Maybe though yellow in the UK was trick at the time as smx94 says, being like Hannah's, who was maybe the boss- lightning bolts n' that etc! - as the white in U.S maybe seems trick!
Another thing, would think the yellow may hold up better to staining though.

Not sure about painting plastic tanks, think over the last decade or so, some have done it, but not sure of the results, seems you got to seal them internally first, which in turn is more layers of stuff in the tank that could break down and cause further problems possibly... Then when it gets scratched up on the surface.

|

Always was an excellent rider ...... at crashing usually

Moto Aspes, you know you want one

6/7/2018 8:03 PM

just put on a new one?
Photo

|

I was G before the "moto drive" to Vital

6/8/2018 7:59 AM

DC Plastics, maybe a Clark tank. They have full white kits too.
https://www.dcvmx.com/xcart/product.php?productid=187539&cat=484&page=1

|

The older I get, the faster I was.