What old school Vital has become

MXM
Edited Date/Time 8/23/2015 2:59am
Most of you will not care or grumble about how I am a bad person or whiner, but after the kind of reply's I have received in the last 24hrs I think my time at Vital has come to an end. Just because I and we have tried to bring back something that will never be made again in order to relive our youth and have some fun, and yes make some money while doing it.

I also do not think this club deserves to ever see again any of my hard work on the 87 restores or any of the other helpful threads I have posted in the last two years, so the photo's have been deleted and the name of the title's changed to crickets.

I really thought some of you were my friends and we had a small connection with vintage mx and the joys it brings. I seem to have been wrong because not only have certain members totally disrespected me but there has been no defense of my character coming from the others. So in closing, I never cared if anybody bought a Jersey from us, just that I would at least have some respect built up and we could have a adult conversation about it without resorting to bad language and everybody jumping on a band wagon without ever knowing the facts, but I guess that's the USA we live in today. Sad.

The following are some of the posts I have received. Not what anybody should expect or deserve.
|
MXM
8/13/2015 9:14am Edited Date/Time 8/15/2015 5:37am
Tbteam wrote:

Does someone here owe you something?

Go fuck yourself.

You're going to cry that nobody dropped to their knees and placed a huge order for your product?

Do a better job of marketing and quit whining.
MXM
8/13/2015 9:15am Edited Date/Time 8/15/2015 5:40am
notme wrote:

He just rubbed me the wrong way too. I think the lack of website and pics kind of killed it to begin with.
Your product looks great but you need to try harder to present them
MXM
8/13/2015 9:15am Edited Date/Time 8/15/2015 5:45am
bob567 wrote:

Maybe GuyB would let him post pictures of the different offerings in this thread for a charge. Can't blame people for not buying things they can't see and this site deserves payment if they profit from it.
MXM
8/13/2015 9:15am Edited Date/Time 8/15/2015 5:44am
newmann wrote:

Probably quite a few copyright infringements going on would be my guess as to why they aren't all pictured

The Shop

MXM
8/13/2015 9:16am Edited Date/Time 8/15/2015 5:42am
bob567 wrote:

Well if that is the case they should be shut down. Come on. This is vintage motocross. Back when you could leave your wallet on the hood of your truck during moto's. Nobody should profit from the efforts of others during the golden era of this sport. I hope that is not the case but if it is those buying the fraudulent products are just as guilty.
MXM
8/13/2015 9:16am Edited Date/Time 8/15/2015 5:41am
Lonestar_399 wrote:

I am completely confused by why you have edited the hell out of this thread. It had a completely different thread title that is vastly different than the one now and you have edited out almost all of your statements. I've never seen anyone do that here. The responses have no context to why they were originally posted. This is completely self serving to cleanse and change the whole thing. Just apologize for belittling people about them not wanting to buy your copied jerseys from the 1980's and move on with it
MXM
8/13/2015 9:55am Edited Date/Time 8/15/2015 5:40am
oldpro277 wrote:

Yes,I find that VERY strange as well. Now looking thru his past posts,they all seem to be edited out completely. And yes,he doesn't treat perspective customers very well either. Could be that there is a personality disorder ?? Related to Hoagie Man ??
tomm55x
8/13/2015 10:30am
Buck up MXM, you can't let the people of the interweb get under your skin so bad, I've looked at your jerseys and there are some pretty nice ones you have, you do good work and you should be proud of that. All in all its just the internet and people are people, you can't please everyone and no matter what someone will usually have something mean to say regardless of what you do or post. Cheer up man its not the end of the world and honestly things could be a lot worse than folk being disrespectful on the interweb , you have good skills, keep up the hard work and don't worry about it!!
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
8/13/2015 11:27am Edited Date/Time 8/13/2015 11:31am
was it a moderator that edited the thread ?
newmann
8/13/2015 12:29pm Edited Date/Time 8/13/2015 12:32pm
It appears the butthurt floweth.

Just exactly what in the hell is it that you are all pissy about? If you are selling some jerseys, post up a link for people to buy the damn things. List them on eBay. Post one up here on occasion to keep people updated on what is available. Pretty cool stuff you are offering, but not everyone needs a jersey today.

Here is an example.

https://metroracing.com/products_cat.php?c=26

And for what it's worth, my comment that you posted up above was in no way a dig at you, just pointing out the obvious to others. "Probably quite a few copyright infringements going on would be my guess as to why they aren't all pictured "
Kidkawie
8/13/2015 12:43pm
lol...more f-ing dirtbike drama.
8/13/2015 1:36pm
Lostboy, no he took his ball home by himself. Read the thread at the top.

GIwasB4
8/13/2015 4:06pm
newmann wrote:
It appears the butthurt floweth. Just exactly what in the hell is it that you are all pissy about? If you are selling some jerseys, post...
It appears the butthurt floweth.

Just exactly what in the hell is it that you are all pissy about? If you are selling some jerseys, post up a link for people to buy the damn things. List them on eBay. Post one up here on occasion to keep people updated on what is available. Pretty cool stuff you are offering, but not everyone needs a jersey today.

Here is an example.

https://metroracing.com/products_cat.php?c=26

And for what it's worth, my comment that you posted up above was in no way a dig at you, just pointing out the obvious to others. "Probably quite a few copyright infringements going on would be my guess as to why they aren't all pictured "
""Probably quite a few copyright infringements going on would be my guess as to why they aren't all pictured "

Winner winner chicken dinner
Tbteam
8/13/2015 5:28pm
MXM wrote:
Most of you will not care or grumble about how I am a bad person or whiner, but after the kind of reply's I have received...
Most of you will not care or grumble about how I am a bad person or whiner, but after the kind of reply's I have received in the last 24hrs I think my time at Vital has come to an end. Just because I and we have tried to bring back something that will never be made again in order to relive our youth and have some fun, and yes make some money while doing it.

I also do not think this club deserves to ever see again any of my hard work on the 87 restores or any of the other helpful threads I have posted in the last two years, so the photo's have been deleted and the name of the title's changed to crickets.

I really thought some of you were my friends and we had a small connection with vintage mx and the joys it brings. I seem to have been wrong because not only have certain members totally disrespected me but there has been no defense of my character coming from the others. So in closing, I never cared if anybody bought a Jersey from us, just that I would at least have some respect built up and we could have a adult conversation about it without resorting to bad language and everybody jumping on a band wagon without ever knowing the facts, but I guess that's the USA we live in today. Sad.

The following are some of the posts I have received. Not what anybody should expect or deserve.
Good

Fucking

Bye.
kevkx125
8/13/2015 7:08pm
Thanks for nothing MXM I for one enjoyed seeing your pictures and reading about your restorations.
8/13/2015 9:41pm
I thought you contributed some great info and posts, MXM. Its sad that all that goodwill a lot of us felt has now been tarnished by posts that I assume you will regret in the future.
8/14/2015 2:09am
'Kinell! Y'know how your opinion of someone can change in an instant?

The equivalent of stomping off from the playground with your football, because your team aren't winning!
jammin76tx
8/14/2015 6:16am
Fact: Your bike builds are among the best on Vital.
Fact: Your jerseys are outstanding in quality.
Fact: There will always be people that will try to bring you down. It's up to you how you react to those people.
Tbteam
8/14/2015 12:58pm
jammin76tx wrote:
Fact: Your bike builds are among the best on Vital. Fact: Your jerseys are outstanding in quality. Fact: There will always be people that will try...
Fact: Your bike builds are among the best on Vital.
Fact: Your jerseys are outstanding in quality.
Fact: There will always be people that will try to bring you down. It's up to you how you react to those people.
Fact: He acted like a spoiled two year old and got called on it.
8/14/2015 1:04pm
MXM,

Don't go Brutha! Especially just because there are a few jerks on here! I really enjoy checking out the the bikes you have brilliantly restored, and enjoy reading your contributions. I love your passion for "back-in-the-day" motocross, and I think you add a lot of positive to this Old School Moto. My advise....take the weekend off, don't even log on to this site, and wake up Monday morning with a fresh perspective. I hope this favorite Far Side cartoon of mine hits home on this subject for you......

newmann
8/14/2015 1:24pm
Who exactly was a jerk to him before he lost it?

Hate to think of all the people who've called me names around here!Laughing Roll with it and move on. I would seriously hate to have to go back and edit all my posts to crickets. Would be awful damn noisy.

Tbteam
8/14/2015 7:46pm
mxracer106 wrote:
MXM, Don't go Brutha! Especially just because there are a few jerks on here! I really enjoy checking out the the bikes you have brilliantly restored...
MXM,

Don't go Brutha! Especially just because there are a few jerks on here! I really enjoy checking out the the bikes you have brilliantly restored, and enjoy reading your contributions. I love your passion for "back-in-the-day" motocross, and I think you add a lot of positive to this Old School Moto. My advise....take the weekend off, don't even log on to this site, and wake up Monday morning with a fresh perspective. I hope this favorite Far Side cartoon of mine hits home on this subject for you......

The fact of the matter is that a post appeared out of nowhere accusing members of this board of being really disappointing because they wouldn't send their money to this guy. He then threatened to leave and take all his incredible posts (lol) and insight with him.

I don't know MXM, and I'm sure he built the greatest bikes ever (for a guy not named Newmann), but at some point it's just not cool to insinuate that people that don't buy your product are unworthy of your irreplaceable knowledge. It's bullshit.

That being said, he swore he would be gone forever. I'd like to take him at his word.
AZ35
Fantasy
550th
8/14/2015 8:26pm
Damn I would have never guessed the Old School section would have so much drama.

Too bad we can't get some drama (or anything) going down in that section that we are not allowed to talk about, but it involves rated x pictures... Poor Ezza is just stuck.
jarvinator
8/15/2015 5:51am
mxracer106 wrote:
MXM, Don't go Brutha! Especially just because there are a few jerks on here! I really enjoy checking out the the bikes you have brilliantly restored...
MXM,

LOVE THIS CARTOON....

Crabman
8/15/2015 1:42pm Edited Date/Time 8/15/2015 1:45pm
MXM- you a lunatic - I very seldom comment on this forum. You take the cake - you are self opinionated - with a unnecessary over inflated view of your nett worth and contribution to this forum. Pity to loose you but then again you determined your own future
Mike P.
8/18/2015 3:28pm
Not sure what any of this is really about but I can tell you that the herd I claim (the vintage crowd from the 70s) is starting to thin. About 8 years ago an AHRMA rep told me that he would be surprised if in 10 years vintage racing would even be around and while it's still here, it's not what it used to be. Back in 2006 a local AHRMA race would pull close to 100 entries, today you are lucky if you see 30. Just like the guys from the 60s era have all but left, I think my group (the 70s) is headed in that direction, so for pity sake everyone needs to put their disagreements to the side and lets enjoy the sport we grew up on, because whether we want to admit it or not, our numbers are dropping and rapidly...
notme
8/18/2015 5:09pm
MikeP, what if those vintage riders are dissappearing because they decided to hang it up? At sometime an mx'er will quit for good, its not lawn bowling we are talking about.
As for bikes, does everyone here ride theyre bikes or just build/tinker for fun?
Im not disagreeing with you, just discussing.
newmann
8/18/2015 5:37pm
Steamboat Springs Colorado 1993, there was no such thing as post vintage with AHRMA. Never was going to be if Jeff Smith and Dick Mann had their way. PV was popping up around the country but vintage was booming. Entries were cut off at 500 that year, ended up being 503. Sportsman 125 and 250 intermediate had 50 entries each. They split them into two 25 man gates, each with trophies and points. Diamond Don's seems to be the big race now.

Post a reply to: What old school Vital has become

The Latest