What happen to the Old Burnt Hickory MX track

Related:
Create New Tag

9/6/2018 10:38 AM

Out of all the tracks I ventured from birth til five following Furman, Burnt Hickory still sits in my head today. What happen to the track? Maybe it’s the drop down jump I like so much, or the creek they’re willie through at the bottom, or perhaps it was the great shade? But the fact is Burnt Hickory in Georgia made an impact on me. Here’s some pics I’ve got from the 70’s. Hope you enjoy and please share any pics you may have.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

9/6/2018 12:11 PM

Love these old vintage pics... Thanks for posting

|

9/6/2018 4:17 PM

Photo
Photo
Photo
|

9/6/2018 4:20 PM

Love the old school YZ

|

9/6/2018 7:57 PM

Where was the track? Can you find the old track location on Google Maps Satellite view? If the area has not been developed you might still see signs of the track in the satellite photos. I have found some of the tracks I use to race on in the 70's on Google Maps Satellite view that have not been used for decades and you can still see where the tracks were. Like this one,

Photo

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

9/6/2018 8:38 PM

Reese95w wrote:

Where was the track? Can you find the old track location on Google Maps Satellite view? If the area has not been developed you might still see signs of the track in the satellite photos. I have found some of the tracks I use to race on in the 70's on Google Maps Satellite view that have not been used for decades and you can still see where the tracks were. Like this one,

Photo

All I remember is that it was in Georgia. Not sure where.

|

9/6/2018 8:40 PM

I forgot someone posted this on YouTube. They say Dallas, Ga in their details.

|

9/6/2018 10:18 PM

Heath B. wrote:

You know what. There was a previous thread here on Vital MX about the Burnt Hickory track. Read thru that thread, the coordinates of the track location are given.

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Old-School-Moto,22/Burnt-Hickory,395798

I entered those coordinates into https://www.gps-coordinates.net/ and it show this as the location,

Photo

Then if you go to Google Maps Satellite this is what that area looks like now,

Photo

|

9/6/2018 10:24 PM

From the other thread it sounds like the track was in that area where you see the blue Ferguson Aircraft bubble.

|

9/7/2018 11:14 AM

Reese95w wrote:

Photo

Heath B. wrote:

Reese95w wrote:

You know what. There was a previous thread here on Vital MX about the Burnt Hickory track. Read thru that thread, the coordinates of the track location are given.

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Old-School-Moto,22/Burnt-Hickory,395798

I entered those coordinates into https://www.gps-coordinates.net/ and it show this as the location,

Photo

Then if you go to Google Maps Satellite this is what that area looks like now,

Photo

Thanks

|

9/6/2019 6:13 PM

Heath B. wrote:

Out of all the tracks I ventured from birth til five following Furman, Burnt Hickory still sits in my head today. What happen to the track? Maybe it’s the drop down jump I like so much, or the creek they’re willie through at the bottom, or perhaps it was the great shade? But the fact is Burnt Hickory in Georgia made an impact on me. Here’s some pics I’ve got from the 70’s. Hope you enjoy and please share any pics you may have.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

That track was redone by mx201. You can find them on Facebook Photo