Vic Allen...firey Scott

Motodude
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 2:16am
I saw Vic Allen get into an on track punch up with Gaston Rehier in 1975 at a Sydney international race, just like this one with Staten. Wonder if Vic is still alive..

|
robkinuk
4/8/2009 12:54am
Vic is still very quick on a bike. Went road racing in vets and won at that too.
He teaches wayward kids, gets then involved in motorcycles to get them away from drugs and crime. Think I'm write in saying he was awarded an OBE for his services.
He had both hips replaced a few years ago but what a great character and ambassador for Scotland.
His brother Robbie rode the Dakar a couple of years ago, oldest man ever to do it and was putting some youngsters to shame.
I always thought that carlsbad first corner fight photo was an MXA story out of nothing.
Bet Rex and Vic would laugh about it now!
croom mx
4/8/2009 5:27am
Whats interesting about the Vic Allen and Rex Staten tussel is that if that happened today they would have made a criminal case over it. Back then everyone just laughed about it.
palace15
4/23/2009 6:15am
Hi Guys
Perhaps I can persuade Vic Allan to post, and confirm or put the record straight over these alleged incidents.
Vic is still more than capable on a bike to show members of our enduro club how it is done.
details of the club and Vic can be found at www.kdmcc.com
It was just a pity that Vic and his brother Robbie could not get an entry to the original Dakar 2008 before it was cancelled. Vic for 2009 is competing in Trials and classic MX, and in his first meeting on the Bob Pearson BSA, achieved 5 wins from 5 starts..

The Shop

Vic Allan
7/16/2009 5:03am
Hi guys, Sorry to spoil the image but no fights. Gaston and I had a coming together where we both fell off and all that came of it was a few harsh words and after a week we had forgotten all about it.
The Rex Staten affair happened after he carved me up on the first lap and I got him back but the two of us fell off. Staten definatly wanted to beat me up and probably would have done but before he could throw any punches he fell to the ground from injuries sustained in the crash. So no punch ups, only peoples wishful thinking.
So after 50 years still competing, that was the worst situations in all that time. Hardly that exciting but the good times have lasted the 50 years.

Vic Allan
JPT
7/16/2009 5:25am
Welcome Vic.
croom mx
7/16/2009 5:54am
Vic Allan wrote:
Hi guys, Sorry to spoil the image but no fights. Gaston and I had a coming together where we both fell off and all that came...
Hi guys, Sorry to spoil the image but no fights. Gaston and I had a coming together where we both fell off and all that came of it was a few harsh words and after a week we had forgotten all about it.
The Rex Staten affair happened after he carved me up on the first lap and I got him back but the two of us fell off. Staten definatly wanted to beat me up and probably would have done but before he could throw any punches he fell to the ground from injuries sustained in the crash. So no punch ups, only peoples wishful thinking.
So after 50 years still competing, that was the worst situations in all that time. Hardly that exciting but the good times have lasted the 50 years.

Vic Allan
Hello Vic, Maybe you can tell us some more stories about your GP races. I think most people here would like to know and find it interesting.
flarider
7/16/2009 6:20am
Wait?

Motodude is wrong?

Nah....

FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
7/16/2009 11:21am
Staten got a wrench in the face from someone once coming off the track. Apparently he had a long line of happy competitors, lol.

The gfuy was a stud though; incredible day when he almost took the USGP on a basically stock CZ. The guy may have ridden more crappy bikes hard than anyone between that one, the four banger Honda and the Harley.

FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
7/16/2009 11:23am
flarider wrote:
Wait?

Motodude is wrong?

Nah....

Dave, the Old School Moto board seems to be about the last one here with no carry over crap from other places. How about we keep it that way or stay away if we can't?
BobbyM
7/16/2009 11:58am
flarider wrote:
Wait?

Motodude is wrong?

Nah....

Dave, the Old School Moto board seems to be about the last one here with no carry over crap from other places. How about we keep...
Dave, the Old School Moto board seems to be about the last one here with no carry over crap from other places. How about we keep it that way or stay away if we can't?
yea dave!
flarider
7/17/2009 6:11am
flarider wrote:
Wait?

Motodude is wrong?

Nah....

Dave, the Old School Moto board seems to be about the last one here with no carry over crap from other places. How about we keep...
OK, hands off in non-moto

Got it

englishman
7/17/2009 9:14am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 12:57am
Vic Allan wrote:
Hi guys, Sorry to spoil the image but no fights. Gaston and I had a coming together where we both fell off and all that came...

Vic Allan
Vic
I just sent you a pm with a thread to another site with some pics of yourself on. As someone I looked up to as a kid I would hate for you to post on this site and incurr what everyone else does most of the time as 99.9% of the time it's just people trying to put other people down by talking shit to them.
HuskyEd
7/17/2009 7:02pm
Welcome Vic. Both you and John Banks earned a lot of respect from myself and my friends lugging around those CCM's in the 2 Stroke era.
6/23/2018 4:08pm
Hi Vic, englishman, Im just doing my research as I have made a Album for the late Gaston Rahier, and Yourself and Masahiro Ozeki on my Mr Motocross Legends and Stars FB page,who you all raced here in Aus in 1975, and for you through the late great RIP Pioneer Bert Flood. Here is the press of the incident.
bigmaico
6/24/2018 5:50am
Staten got a wrench in the face from someone once coming off the track. Apparently he had a long line of happy competitors, lol. The gfuy...
Staten got a wrench in the face from someone once coming off the track. Apparently he had a long line of happy competitors, lol.

The gfuy was a stud though; incredible day when he almost took the USGP on a basically stock CZ. The guy may have ridden more crappy bikes hard than anyone between that one, the four banger Honda and the Harley.

FTE,

I know the whole story about Rex getting the wrench to the face!

I still have the wrench, I didn’t do it but one of my racing buddies brother did.

He just took the wrench out of my tool box.
sandman768
6/24/2018 11:31am
Resurrecting a 9 yr old thread.....is that a record? Still awesome....
6/24/2018 2:42pm
sandman768 wrote:
Resurrecting a 9 yr old thread.....is that a record? Still awesome....
Hi Sandman yeah I was researching Vic and came across ths thread love it.
6/24/2018 2:44pm
In front of the RIP grat Bert Flood Shop in box Hill Melbourne, son Gary and Vic sizing up the bikes.

Post a reply to: Vic Allen...firey Scott

The Latest